What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

flickering Dashboard

h.douglas

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Every time I start the car the dashboard display screen is flickering. I press the button to lower it and bring it back up again, most of the time that works but now it is happening all the time. I rang Peugeot and they say that I have to change the Dashboard Wiring Harness for a staggering £1,000.00 (just for the part!!!!). I need to find a much cheaper solution, I thought it was just a wire that needed changing that gets bent when the dashboard display goes up and down. Can anyone help or advise what I can do?

2retro

Reaction score
Common fault. There's a cable that stupidly goes behind the pop-up screen and over time gets damaged from all the opening and closing. Can be fixed yourself for about £995 less than Peugeot have quoted! There are posts on here somewhere with pics showing exactly what to do if you have a ferret around. 👍

indoldn

Reaction score
As mentioned above very common issue. I have this issue also and will try to fix it myself but have not got around to it. There some posts here and on fb group as well.

If a wire is not completely broken this might help

This gentleman first fixed a broken wire

The problem re-occurred and he ended up replacing the whole cable. I don't think you can get this cable easily and that's why some people make out out of network cable (UTP cable)

h.douglas

Reaction score
As mentioned above very common issue. I have this issue also and will try to fix it myself but have not got around to it. There some posts here and on fb group as well.

If a wire is not completely broken this might help

This gentleman first fixed a broken wire

The problem re-occurred and he ended up replacing the whole cable. I don't think you can get this cable easily and that's why some people make out out of network cable (UTP cable)
Thank you for your help. Will pass this on to my mechanic who does electricals aswell and see if he can cut the cable tie. If a wire is broken then these links have given him some ideas.

Will keep you updated.