What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Flashing oil light on start up

sean

Reaction score
Just had car serviced, mot and timing t done (2.0hdi)
And just noticed the other day that whem I start the engine the flashing oil OK message shows oil--

I've searched the Internet but unable to find out the meaning of this, checked the oil level with the dip stick looked OK but them snapped the bloody thing. The garage said they put 5 litres of oil in.

Attachments

• 20210813_184102.jpg
    20210813_184102.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 12

Pedro

Reaction score
The message will flash if oil level is low or poss its the oil level sensor has a fault capacity for HDI max is Orange stick 5 L Yellow stick 5.5 L filter takes 0.25L

sean

Reaction score
The oil level is definitely not low I was wondering if it was a tad high, so I wonder if it's the oil sensor.
If this is only an oil level indicator then I'm not that worried

sean

Reaction score
Well it's decided to rectify itself, I'm suspecting it was slightly too high and running it a couple of days has sorted it.

Pedro

Reaction score
I had the same issue but on a Family Friends 206 cc GT alas that was the oil level sensor Knackered but their very temperamental as to how much Oil is actually in the sump I always check every time I wash the car then I'm sure Its running with the stick showing max as I never ever trust the Oil message