What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

First time RCZ buyer

will_berry70

Reaction score
Hi
I'm intending to buy an RCZ when my current car dies but I've not seen any buyers guides. Is there anything specific to watch out for?

Cheers
Will

Valex

Reaction score
The timing chain is prone to stretch and the carbon deposits on the intake valves are building up day by day.
If you can buy the 200 Hp.
Just search on the forum for these two things I mentioned above.
Except for the motor, it is a wonderful car 🥰.

will_berry70

Reaction score
Cheers, I can get chains checked and tightened, I'm not sure what I can do about the intake valves though?

Do you reckon the 200hp is best aside from value for money. I was going to get my purchase re-mapped for an extra 35hp in any case.

RCZKam

Reaction score
Don’t worry about the remap to start with, lots here aim to add that but are happy with they got and stay with, all down to how your using it

Engine dependant you will come across timing chain issues, RCZ dependant 😂 you will have jacking point issues, another RCZ dependant you will come across water leaks in boot area and under front mats, they all have some regular issues that most regular owners might not have...

I‘m sure there is a buyers guide on here

Aim for the best you can can get, most things can be changed, of course engines not so but the engine range is actually enough for most

Buy good, spend where needed and enjoy

will_berry70

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I'd read on the FB group about timing chain and electrics but you have some nrw stuff there for me :)

The one on it's last legs is a Ford Focus mostly used by my missus.

'My' car is a Mazda RX8 that I love and hope will last forever Lol!

It'll be nice to have something more practical for touring and just as gorgeous. Last time I did the NC500 I paid as much in fuel as accomodation, and that was before the price hikes :(

My missus has kindly deigned to drive the RCZ as her daily which will be a scary thought for me each morning but as least it'll keep her further from the Mazda :D

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Don’t worry about the remap to start with, lots here aim to add that but are happy with they got and stay with, all down to how your using it

Engine dependant you will come across timing chain issues, RCZ dependant 😂 you will have jacking point issues, another RCZ dependant you will come across water leaks in boot area and under front mats, they all have some regular issues that most regular owners might not have...

I‘m sure there is a buyers guide on here

Aim for the best you can can get, most things can be changed, of course engines not so but the engine range is actually enough for most

Buy good, spend where needed and enjoy
Any water in the boot can be attributed to dripping in when lifting the boot lid after rain no leaks as such and I haven’t heard of any problems reported with damp under the front mats??