What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Finally bought my dream rcz but theres a "but"

MasterDomino

Reaction score
PINNED: Gallery: https://photos.app.goo.gl/K8joAytRcMFgtu9B9

Okay, lets start off with that 2013 2.0 HDi RCZ with 190k on a clock, had some general replacement stuff done by last owner, and is damaged a little bit, but i come here due to it having some stuff to do in the engine, first thing i suspect is just a throttle needing new o-rings or just general sealing, second is whats underneat the injector cover im new to 2.0 HDi as before i worked on 1.6 HDi in berlingo and partner, soo what about the cover? Well theres some goopy and sticky residue underneath that smells diesel, what im asking is: is that normal? If not what can be the cause?. I will add theres no errors in the system scanning it found only some general errors of lambda + temp sensors due to battery being dead, in google album link you can see the stuff that im talking about, will be very thankful for any help and teaching me about those engines. Also have i already said how much i love this car, the engine compared to 1.6 sounds like a beast even tho its diesel...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KpYxkPuGNs9zHePA6

EDIT: i haven't named her yet due to damages, she needs a lot of work, if anyone is interrested i will happily share the current status of the vehicle, and maybe make a thread updating the current work done if anyone is actually interrested :).

EDIT2: it might be of any use actually P0114, P1435, P1434, P0130, P1164, U1218, U2003, P0603, P0215.

EDIT3: My suspicion is telling me that it might be the copper seals under the injectors that are dying and just need replacing if that might be the case i wont be touching that as i dont wanna strip this stuff. Either way if theres any ideas for the throttle stuff tell me pretty please.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome :greetings-wavingblue: I’m afraid I haven’t had anything to do with the Diesel engine so can’t help you there but as I’m sure others are I would love to see your progress as you bring your car back to full health, we love photos and any information of how you’ve solved problems will only go to helping owners in the future :thumbup:

2retro

Reaction score
And the first problem will be how to upload a photo here... :eusa-whistle:

MasterDomino

Reaction score
2retro said:
And the first problem will be how to upload a photo here... :eusa-whistle:
Well the problem can easily be solved by sharing an actual gallery on external hosting, for example what i did with google images, some might now like to use it, but if moderation of the forum doesnt have any issues with that, i dont see why i wouldnt do soo. Tommorow i will remove front bumper and post a gallery before and after.

2retro

Reaction score
Sorry if that came across as me being arsey by the way. Not my intention at all. It's just it's a bit of a re-occurring theme/running joke that new members always have issues uploading pics because the forum only allows images under 256k in size for some reason (rather than any size auto scaled down on the fly). So your way is sometimes better and easier anyway! :thumbup:

MasterDomino

Reaction score
2retro said:
Sorry if that came across as me being arsey by the way. Not my intention at all. It's just it's a bit of a re-occurring theme/running joke that new members always have issues uploading pics because the forum only allows images under 256k in size for some reason (rather than any size auto scaled down on the fly). So your way is sometimes better and easier anyway! :thumbup:
Its fine i didnt get it that way, its just that you know its forum we dont see each other expressions and stuff, sorry if i was rude as well, but yea when i was posting the first one i wrote: "you can see the pictures in attachments" then i went to upload my photos and i came to realize that it has limit, just changed what i wrote and quickly synced some from gallery, idk if google gallery is better option than imgur but ill try doing that and making an entire folder of the history of my pug, even tho this car has come a long way to reach this point, i surely will make it good, for example i already fixed active spoiler which got stuck, used some silicone grease + had to turn it a few times to make it find its position, tthst could as well be helpful if documented, will note that down, either way Grettings and have a wonderful day or night.

EDIT: sorry for going quite offtop thought, this matter doesnt actually require instant fixing as mostly what i guessed might fix it, all errors of the engine didnt come back after the drive we did today(about 10km) soo that seemed to be only a matter of dead battery, rest i need to know is i can hear knocking in the engine i heard that in those 2.0 HDi engines pulleys seem to die and can make knock, rest stuff i will have to focus on working on though is rear parking sensor needs replacing, front bumper is damaged(can be glued/soldered/welding where all light work + sensors), rear left fender needs body work as its damaged quite severely + the plastic skids, front brake discs + pads, handbrake needs adjusting(i don't think i need to replace back brakes though), need to replace cabin air filter, oil and oil filter change, as stated before most likely pulley change and injector copper seals, also one H1 in front left headlight :)

EDIT2: As stated before tommorow ill share a gallery of current state of the car, and will try describing and marking the damaged areas soo you all can see whats being worked on. Again with love from yours truly Master.

EDIT3: Now i kindof realized i maybe should have posted this in drivetrain section of the forum instead of general technical, but well oh well cant do anything anymore :dance:

MasterDomino

Reaction score
This album is gonna be a selection of all the images i take off my rcz and work being done on it, interior will come later as i havent worked on detailing yet as you can propably see. https://photos.app.goo.gl/K8joAytRcMFgtu9B9

EDIT: Gallery updated with latest work and images helpful with making the center console more stable soo it doesnt rattle or move as showed on some random youtube videos, really made it better for me as most screws were loose, i suggest using loctite to not correct it ever but tightening them as a temporary fix is also good, i also cleaned whole interior(you can see dirt on pictures) and found few damages on the inside, leather was damaged by some idiot transporting wood and paint, the glove box hinge is broken, matt chrome holding points on steering wheel are losing chrome, gear knob is used up quite a bit(190k), arm rest is kindof easy to move but i guess it will be impossible to tighten due to system they use, i fixated the skidplate to the wheel arch covers soo it doesn't hang on the right side of the car and strengthened one on the left, general cleaning and damage report.

EDIT2: if youre removing the leather cover over the shifter dont pull it by the leather like i did, use a plastic tool to lift it and then use your hands to lift it fully, dont do my mistakes, although i havent damaged it, its still not healthy and you might rip the leather...

MasterDomino

Reaction score
Update to the gallery with the latest work done on the car(yesterday), today me and my father have fixed(welded and bonded) front bumper and headlights, no images of that as the car cant really drive due to missing brake pads, we bought new ones as the ones on the pic look dead as you can see, the replacement is ATE 302mm and set of Ceramic Pads for it from same company, wish its gonna drive soon, i mean like this week.

EDIT: Updated gallery with latest images of work no front image as you can propably see the car is on a lift we are waiting for brakes to arrive, also can confirm if anyone is using 4point lift on this car, use boxes behind the sill points on the front and on the back you can use the sills theyre strong enough, front wasnt designed to be lifted by that sills, most likely just like a arrow pointing to the boxes behind, i like the red calipers although i thought i should just make them black to make it look stealth like the rest of the car.

EDIT2: Updated gallery again with one caliper painted and the wheel put on(rear), this is going to look mad, I love the look of it with the wheel on, cant wait for the front brakes to arrive(approx. Wednesday) im gonna update the gallery as soon as possible, also would like to know if you all can actually see the images in gallery properly(permissions might be screwed), took one of the wheel arch liners on the left side where theres damage soo i can inspect more, the damage isnt big my body workshop will most likely handle it without any replacement parts, its gonna be one sick kind of a ride. Also did some digging and the issue im facing with the injectors is most likely one copper washer being bad, needs replacing on all four, also most likely the car doesnt produce as much power as it can.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
This looks like a real labour of love and you are putting in some hard work to achieve your goal.

Great guide and nice pics. Good Luck with your endeavours. :thumbup:

MasterDomino

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
This looks like a real labour of love and you are putting in some hard work to achieve your goal.

Great guide and nice pics. Good Luck with your endeavours. :thumbup:
Of course, i was quite late to the RCZ party as i first saw one in 2016 and since then i planned to find and buy one, found this one in nederlands for about 6000€, as you could see it was slightly damaged, the car pretty much needs some love, leather for example needs some care and fixing, body work as well, paint work pretty much at this point would need to be redone on the whole car(but thats for later date) as its badly done on one side(most likely was scratched or slightly damaged on the right side), alloys need refurbishing, brakes getting replaced, engine maintenance, but at the end all i can say is every second i spent on this car was damn worth it, it just looks stunning and im gonna care for it and bring it back to its former glory. Thanks for words of support, i will make sure im worthy of those. Have a wonderful day. ~Master

MasterDomino

Reaction score
As my account got unlocked i got updates on my RCZ, its registered, fixed and running like a dream, fix for the injectors was to replace all seals and insulators, some persuasions and all of them came out, if part codes are needed i can share them, next thing is i updated the maps using bmw maps and i am on track of probably hooking up my laptop to the radio and trying to hack it using serial to get to the system and trying to implement bluetooth streaming. Car overall is great handles and grips like crazy im on a lookout for used tires with rims. Love to the entire community and warm welcome :)

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Re: Finally bought my dream rcz but theres a "but"

Very pleased for you, so glad you've got it fixed and are experiencing what we all knew already and that's the RCZ is a spectacular car to look at and drive.

Any updates to the pictures, cheers M [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

MasterDomino

Reaction score
Will do a photoshoot as soon as i get it cleaned ive been driving it to work daily soo it got a little dirty here in polish roads :D although its doing just fine, the photos of injectors cleaned will be done after i check them tommorow to make sure they dont have diesel around them as that was the case before(possibly badly plugged return lines).
EDIT: Added the photos after the pickup from my body workshop and some injector seals how they are not supposed to look like, the new ones i got are aluminium soo they are silver not copper like those ones, for now they look to seal just fine.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking good there by the time you have finished she will look like she has come out of the showroom. You are doing an amazing job.. All the best in all your labour of love for your RCZ
Les n Karen n the Grey Lady