What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fault codes on my new hdi

George123

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals,
I’m now worried about these fault codes. Have I made a mistake picking this car? The OH couldn’t start it this morning, so I plugged a fault code reader into it to see what was going on. It did start after several attempts so I’m hoping it’s a battery issue rather than anything else. What do you think?
I understand less the witchcraft involved in diesels than petrol 🤔
in other news, the spoiler mechanism and wing mirror have been ordered and I’m waiting eagerly for them. Once sorted I’ll pop some pictures up.

Attachments

• 069C6C2B-D7BA-4D24-8C91-43D832C611DF.png
    069C6C2B-D7BA-4D24-8C91-43D832C611DF.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 18

Pedro

Reaction score
If there is enough kick in the battery try coding for emissions/lambda sensor ? or glow plug issues

George123

Reaction score
Looks like the battery is okay. It will start after a few attempts, runs fine and took some readings of the battery (while running) at around 15v so will look at the lambda sensors and plugs next. 🤞it’s costing me too much and I’ve only had her for a few days! Just had to fork out for a new wing mirror and spoiler mechanism!!!

Pedro

Reaction score
yea I know mate the price for parts is hefty on most modern cars now wish I could go back to my old Cortina MK2 GT ! 😄

UncleBen

Reaction score
yea I know mate the price for parts is hefty on most modern cars now wish I could go back to my old Cortina MK2 GT ! 😄
Hi guys/gals,
I’m now worried about these fault codes. Have I made a mistake picking this car? The OH couldn’t start it this morning, so I plugged a fault code reader into it to see what was going on. It did start after several attempts so I’m hoping it’s a battery issue rather than anything else. What do you think?
I understand less the witchcraft involved in diesels than petrol 🤔
in other news, the spoiler mechanism and wing mirror have been ordered and I’m waiting eagerly for them. Once sorted I’ll pop some pictures up.
Hi George123. Just to say that sometimes one code will bring up another, and that one another, which sometimes are not valid faults. If you look at my post immediately below yours and also the post that I linked to, you'll see what I mean. I spent a long time checking out all those faults as listed and in the end found none of them to have been an issue, the fault was eventually traced to the turbo vacuum solenoid. I have attached the fault codes that I was getting.
By the way ignore the stuff about the air doser, that's me trying to understand the system.
Hope this helps, good luck. This is a great car and great engine.

Attachments

• fault codes.jpg
    fault codes.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 5

George123

Reaction score
Yeah thanks for that UncleBen, my local trusted garage will be looking at her on Monday. From speaking to him on the phone, he’s pretty much saying the same thing. He suspects it a minor electrical issue that’s causing the ecu to throw out fault codes. Could be something as silly as a dud battery 🤞
I have managed to get it started each time with some gentle encouragement and an occasional expletive, and I have to say that every time I sit in her and start driving I grow fonder of her. They are great little cars and really do put a smile on your face. I just hope I’m not going to be pouring too much money into it!

UncleBen

Reaction score
Yeah thanks for that UncleBen, my local trusted garage will be looking at her on Monday. From speaking to him on the phone, he’s pretty much saying the same thing. He suspects it a minor electrical issue that’s causing the ecu to throw out fault codes. Could be something as silly as a dud battery 🤞
I have managed to get it started each time with some gentle encouragement and an occasional expletive, and I have to say that every time I sit in her and start driving I grow fonder of her. They are great little cars and really do put a smile on your face. I just hope I’m not going to be pouring too much money into it!
What you spend will be very much determined by the mechanic you use. Preferably you need someone who understands French cars. If you go down the dealer rout then you'd be better off getting rid of it I think. Always research the diagnosis and repair that you are offered.

George123

Reaction score
So I’m happy to report that after doing both battery and alternator tests it turns out that the battery was shot. It looks like it was the original battery- not bad going considering the car has racked up 120k miles!
swapped out for a new battery, cleared all the codes and running like a dream.
But then...
I took the z for a couple of new tyres at a well known tyre and exhaust centre, all seemed fine until 2 mins from home the tyre pressure warning came up telling me I had a flat tyre. Got home to check and all seemed fine with the pressures. Then what I saw I couldn’t quite believe. See attached photo... answers on a postcard please...

Attachments

• 27C82525-F5AB-416F-B2A8-DA9841F80359.jpeg
    27C82525-F5AB-416F-B2A8-DA9841F80359.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 15

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Maybe that how they balance their tyres, instead of using weights, just leave out the odd bolt, that’ll do it 👀😱

They are going to argue that it wasn’t them as a report to the HSE could get them into a whole heap of trouble there.🤔