What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fan comes on when engine starts

Meeson

Reaction score
Hi, Need help?

I own an RCZ GT-Great car 2010 and has the new style front. This was done by some prior owner after the car was stolen some years ago, 'before me'. it was involved in a front end crash, hence the updated front.

After a while the engine fan came on after start and stayed on some time after turning off-draining the battery. A new manifold was replaced as a split in the original one was identified. (can only assume this could be a result of the front end crash) My mechanic checked a host of pipework when he replaced the manifold and is at a loss as to why the engine management system is coming back on after clearing it and presenting the same code (Vacuum leak) taking in too much air?
Causing it to run lean as confirmed by Peugeot diagnostics, however the Peugeot dealership want to strip the front end down to try identify the cause at an enormous cost.

Any ideas or anyone experienced this-how was it resolved. Desperate now to figure this out. Car has low mileage 57k with a full history and excellent condition.

Can anyone help! I am a professional high profile photographer and will offer a free day shoot to anyone who can resolve this wether corporate or personal.

www.photographyconsulting.co.uk