What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Factory Head Unit mysterious cable?

Helmski

Reaction score
I just removed my head unit and replacing with a double din Xtrons TE706PL. (Enough said about the hoops you need to jump through the better) When I removed the original the cable below was connected to the head unit. There is no connection on the aftermarket head unit for this cable and I have no idea what this does. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Headunit cable 1.jpg
    Headunit cable 1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Headunit cable 2.jpg
    Headunit cable 2.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,198

Helmski

Reaction score
Awesome reply's guys. Thank you so much. The aftermarket has 3 USBs so now to source a converter for this. So many things I could do with this. Anyone got creative with this cable/port?

Helmski

Reaction score
Any recommendations on getting something that will have enough juice to charge a tablet from the usb in the arm rest?

LannyFick

Reaction score
Hi did you have any joy finding an adapter/converter for the plug for the armrest USB? I am seeking one but not even sure what the male connector is called.

Helmski

Reaction score
That's exactly what I bought, then I think I ran a £2 usb extension to the arm rest. Pricey for a simple cable but works a treat and keeps everything nice and neat.