What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

engine warning light

badboybeef

Reaction score
Hello sometimes when i drive i get an engine fault light come on and the word stop, i pull over turn the car off and then start it again and all is back to normal and the car drives fine, i have read that the EGR valve can be faulty but i took mine off to have a look and it looks fine the plunger thingy was going in and out fine and the orange rubber bits looked in good order but im no mechanic . any ideas?

chrismac

Reaction score
Any other symptoms, High water temp, funny smells ?

Best to get a Diagnostic check before splashing out - An OBD2 reader would by the first step - you can buy them for under £20, or take it to a Garage for a check.

badboybeef

Reaction score
no car been fine since, i saw a fellow on youtube say he had a similar problem and turned out to be dodgy fuel, will keep topping the tank and see how it goes, i have a obd reader and vtook out the ashtray and below rubber but my port wasnt there? also i have a switch in the cubby hole to the right of the dash below where the light angle dial is , dosnt look like an after market one and i have no idea what its for?

2retro

Reaction score
So you're not seeing this?

odb_port.jpg

Can you post a picture maybe?

badboybeef

Reaction score
It’s ok I have found it, mine had come in clipped and was hiding under, stuck my hand in and found it , no faults in the reader and no problem codes