What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine swap

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I would have thought so but you’ll need a lot more to go with it 👍

Pedro

Reaction score
New clutch ! Perhaps a more uprated one as the torque will kill your old one off !

Spiff

Reaction score
Don't waste the money buy an Aston lol, spent the afternoon working out if I can afford one, told Sharon she can have the R for12k. Nice one on Autotrader for £42k, 4.7 V8 Vantage mmmmmmm

Kerr

Reaction score
You'd be cheaper in the long run to sell your current RCZ and buy the R.

Spiff

Reaction score
They are good cars but...... I need new discs next MOT and they are £900 each :(

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
You can just upgrade your turbo with R's
Not the same of course but good enough

Spiff

Reaction score
You can just upgrade your turbo with R's
Not the same of course but good enough
Arh but will the rest of the internals take the power? Just buy an R

Last edited by a moderator:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Arh but will the rest of the internals take the power? Just buy an R FFS!
I agree, my understanding is the R has components made of titanium? I had a 200 but would have liked an R. Very few for sale at any one point though so quite a rare thing. I think there was about 3/4 for sale at the time I looked.

Off topic, I'm from Grimsby too. You aren't the grey one I see about round Littlefield are you?

Spiff

Reaction score
14 plate, its been a great cat had hte GT86 before. That was awesome, not fat but allot of fun.

Spiff

Reaction score
grrr autocorrect sorry, also had a V6 MGZS that sounded awesome

Spiff

Reaction score
arh yes fab car and......I got hit head on by a 4x4. few cuts!! I'll try and find the pics. My partner said how the F@ck did you walk out of that? We wrote to Toyota and thanked them..... Next though mmmmmm Aston? You can get a vantage for 40k now.....

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
i agree that byuing an r and selling yours is the best solution
all i am saying is that if you look for performance only, instead of swapping the whole engine upgreade your turbo
no it will not achieve the performance of the r because r has better internals but it will satisfy you
with more money and probably less than swapping engines you can upgreade your engine too and probably make more power than the r

Spiff

Reaction score
It really is what you want, all I would say is.....don't waste money! You can drive a number of supercars on a £500 track experience. :)

Flanners

Reaction score
It really is what you want, all I would say is.....don't waste money! You can drive a number of supercars on a £500 track experience. :)
If you're worried about replacing the discs on your R then I wouldn't go near owning a 40K Aston, yep it's £40K but it's still the £100K car to maintain......have you looked at the servicing, parts and ownership costs for those?! The £40K purchase is the 'easy part' (4yrs ago they were sub £30K)

e.g this:
  • They need an annual service for £600-£1000 depending on which service & where you go
  • Then there are a few bits that may or may not fail like door modules & lights, which can be pricey but wouldn't put me off & don't seem to be prolific failures - same on any car really
  • The big thing to watch out for are clutches which seem to have varied lifespan depending on usage, if you do mainly longer drive & treat it with sympathy they should be OK for 70-80k but driven badly in heavy traffic & town there are reports of far shorter lifespan. Obviously you can't tell condition on purchase of a manual and you don't know how driven before
  • Brake disks & pads are expensive but you don't have to use Aston Martin parts
  • There are some issues with paint bubbling especially round door handles on earlier cars and because of the type of car you'd want it to be sorted
  • Not good on tax and fuel if these matter, my friend had a 4.3 and got 12-14mpg round town and 18-20 on a run
  • Very mileage sensitive, they seem to drop in desirability once mileage is over about 35,000, not a problem if you buy cheap or don't use much
I worked out that to be safe I would need to budget about £2500 a year for service, a few bits, tires and brakes, over say 3-4 years I'd be amazed if this was that far out as inevitably knowing my luck it would need a clutch, about £2.5K. And a Bamford Rose £6k exhaust upgrade!

Supercars.......Yep do the experience day's I did and realised how underwhelming most 'supercars' are to drive, once the initial buzz it was a McLaren, Ferrari or Lambo etc wore off the thought of spending a huge wad for such a car to use on the UK roads was nonsensical (I'm not old, fat, 60 or middle-eastern and want to drive it round at 20-50mph posing, revving it every now and then in front of a load of twats with iphones and cameras) in driving terms I have had more fun and 'connection' in the R, an MGTF, Elise and a VX220 (but I'm bias). I tend to do reverse man maths having worked out the costs, think that is do-able, but then think what does the car actually do or give me in driving terms in return for the amount I'm spending that I don't have or performance I can actually use.......always ends there for me.

Discs for the R are now a snip at circa £700 a set from Fish Bros

Last edited: