What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine oil

kirky

Reaction score
Hi guys just joined today ,have had my rcz about 3mths whats best oil do you recommend

Pedro

Reaction score
Look in older posts I'm stopping recommending oils on here as someone will come along & say the complete opposite so have search or ask "One of the Experts" There plenty on here who will point you in the right direction or maybe not?

UnknownEntity

Reaction score
I run 5w40 on mine... Thp 200...Better for bearings at higher mileage... Depends which engine you got

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I would stick to the Peugeot recommendation 0W - 30 for the petrol and 5w-30 for the diesel, I use the Total ineo first oil for my petrol and it’s had nothing else in 9 years of ownership.
Some tinkers who want to be seen as experts may disagree? 😆

lfe

Reaction score

According to this article, the reason for using increasingly less viscous oils is only that it costs less for the lubrication pump to move it and this reduces fuel consumption. It's not because it lubricates better.

I will continue using 5w40 for my THP, the engine runs smoother and quieter than 0W30 and consumes less oil.

Currently, for the most recent engines, the recommended oil is usually 0w20 !