What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine oil filter pressure warning !

Jomo

Reaction score
Hi fellow RCZers - so, tonight driving home I had an audible warning , STOP appeared in red on the dash accompanied with the message - Engine oil pressure warning, stop the vehicle. Being on the motorway I looked to pull over and then light and warning went off (about 10 seconds) oil level is fine, engine temp is fine, no smells / noises / loss of power. Over last 2 months had new throttle body, timing chain and engine breather pipe fitted. My question - anyone else had similar issue ? Seriously thinking of changing the RCZ now 😟

Reactions: Sjc

Pedro

Reaction score
Might be the oil sensor is dirty (failing?) may need a oil change?

Jomo

Reaction score
Yeah, that was my thought - has just had service with oil and filter change and oil looks ‘clean’ so have booked her in to garage for diagnostic and have asked them to replace sensor as not an expensive fix. Thanks Pedro, will update when done ! 😊

Jomo

Reaction score
Ok, new sensor fitted, code wiped. Halfway to Basingstoke warning and ‘STOP’ back on, and off, and on, and off etc. So intermittent fault. Engine temp good, oil level good, engine appears moist and ok, running well. Question - my 1.6 petrol 156THP - is it a BMW engine, feel need to go further to rectify possible wiring fault. Ideas ?

Pedro

Reaction score
The Engine is the BMW "Prince" Variant
I would get a diagnostic OBD reader plugged into it just to see if any Mechanical issues are causing the problem the only other one to maybe throw up an issue is the oil temp/level sensor intermittent fault? If still persists it could point to a electrical wiring open circuit somewhere

Attachments

• Capture oil level sensor.JPG
    Capture oil level sensor.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 21

Jomo

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro, yeah am leaning towards the open circuit rationale but will take your advice and get another diagnostic done. Appreciate the help 😊

Connee89

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro, yeah am leaning towards the open circuit rationale but will take your advice and get another diagnostic done. Appreciate the help 😊
Hey! Did you happen to find a resolution? This exact thing has happened to me this morning and wondering what it might be?!

Reactions: Sjc

Jomo

Reaction score
Hi, sort of - has had main dealer diagnostic done, wiring checks out ok, issue is mechanical and she is now going to have a new oil pump. I am assured this will fix the issue. Just waiting to hear part is in stock and then will take her back in. She is currently flashing up warning intermittently but dealer advised ok for short distances so am using locally. Will keep you posted

Pedro

Reaction score
Good news but bad that the pump went so soon possibly too much crap floating around the oil ways filling the pump up over a long period of time still at least it will lubricate a lot better just keep the Oil clean which is the life blood in these engines
Good luck you definitely deserve it mate👏👌

Jomo

Reaction score
Good news but bad that the pump went so soon possibly too much crap floating around the oil ways filling the pump up over a long period of time still at least it will lubricate a lot better just keep the Oil clean which is the life blood in these engines
Good luck you definitely deserve it mate👏👌
Thanks Pedro, here’s to a happier New Year 🤞

Jumper

Reaction score
Nice and one and thanks for providing the outcome many fault threads dissapear into the ether. Great result and thanks for sharing your experiances.

Sjc

Reaction score
Hey! Did you happen to find a resolution? This exact thing has happened to me this morning and wondering what it might be?!
Hey top chicknhere I jave the same thing ,oil level says good when starting car then after 10 mins fault appears and I jave a fault reader so ,sensor first ?

lfe

Reaction score
Hey top chicknhere I jave the same thing ,oil level says good when starting car then after 10 mins fault appears and I jave a fault reader so ,sensor first ?
In the mechanical workshop they usually have a pressure gauge that is inserted in the sensor location.

Then they can see if the pressure is correct and then what is failing is the sensor, or there is a problem with the pump or solenoid valve.

The pressure varies depending on the revolutions.