What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine needs repair and loss of power

TheFallen411

Reaction score
Was driving my 2013 diesel 2l rcz when my dash flashed up saying "engine fault repair needed" while I was accelerating from a 30 to a 50. There was no check engine light on though and the fans remained off. I had loss of power but it wasn't in limp mode. Any ideas?

Pedro

Reaction score
Buy a cheap code reader
I could hazard a guess & say it may be a emissions fault as the more fuel you pump through the more crap you pump out the cat ?

TheFallen411

Reaction score
Buy a cheap code reader
I could hazard a guess & say it may be a emissions fault as the more fuel you pump through the more crap you pump out the cat ?
Would a code reader show it if there's no engine light or no fault in the diagnosis menu

Pedro

Reaction score
A half decent code reader will scan for any stored codes in the ECU as it stores them historically & they may even appear when certain faults are triggered

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
Any update on this TheFallen411 ? as I have the same problem but it has flaged up a P0100 code

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
Pedro i have seen online that if you disconnect the MAF sensor with the car running it shout cut out is this the case with a HDI RCZ ?

Pedro

Reaction score
What can happen is the ECU detects open circuit & will adjust the values of Fuel/Air ratio mixture to compensate but this is not recognised as good practice as the MAF measures weight of air & temperature if these are abnormal the car can run lean or rich meaning depollution issues may occur remember in modern direct injection diesel engines the air enters on the inlet stroke maybe mixed with EGR but fuel does not & you may get erratic idle & rpms fluctuate
All modern petrol/diesel engines have to have metered air flow mixed into the fuel system

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
I was only asking to establish what the problem is with my car 🚗 it is very low mileage 18,000 so should not have to many ware and tear problems. It has flagged up a P0100 along with a P0113 and a P2562 which I feel are all connected to each other ? Thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
P0100 relates to the Mass or volume air flow circuit -A
P0113 Intake Air temp sensor 1 circuit high bank 1
P2562 Turbo Charger Boost control position sensor A circuit
I would take it back to whoever fitted the Turbo?

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
P0100 relates to the Mass or volume air flow circuit -A
P0113 Intake Air temp sensor 1 circuit high bank 1
P2562 Turbo Charger Boost control position sensor A circuit
I would take it back to whoever fitted the Turbo?
To my knowledge it has not had a turbo
can you tell me where the Turbo control Boost sensor is located

Pedro

Reaction score
Apologies that was the Fallen411 guy who had the turbo
The Turbo Boost solenoid is above the Air intake pipe one trick you could try is clean the MAF & MAP sensor which is at the rear of the intercooler pipe near the Air filter housing