What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine managment light on in morming when engine is cold and car chugs

Amyahr

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I have a peugeot rcz 1.6 thp magnetic with SAT NAV and she is my baby. But my baby is getting right on my last nerve atm... in the morning the engine is cold and the car chugs and engine managment light is on. I have to give a lot of throttle at the biting point to stop the car chugging on first gear then as I go up the gears it chugs more to where I have to stop the car and turn the engine off and back on again and even that doesn't help. The engine then heats up and the engine managment light goes off and the car drives fine.
Iv had the coil packs looked at. Iv had the fuel injector looked at all apparently fine. The timing chain was done not that long ago. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it. I know nothing about cars so you may have to dumb down your answer for me thanks. Here's a pick of my (pain in the ass) baby

Attachments

• 20191018_175418.jpg
    20191018_175418.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190603_075756.jpg
    20190603_075756.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 20

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the mileage? Could be sticking valves due to carbon build up on the inlets.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be carbon build up at that mileage could be a temp sensor fault which is common and cheap fix check to see if temp gauge is fluctuating when cold.

Nemi

Reaction score
in the morning the engine is cold and the car chugs and engine managment light is on

Sounds like faulty high pressure fuel pump. At least those were the symptoms when i had to replace HPFP in my RCZ (at around 70000 km / 43000 miles). Get a code reader and check what's the error. If it is P0087 then replace HPFP.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Fluctuating as in what ?
Needle jumping from cold to hot before the car has warmed up.
But like Nemi says could be Hp fuel pump, you need to see if there are any codes.
With the temp sensor fault you normally get the fans running at full speed.