What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

"ENGINE FAULT REPAIR NEEDED"

Byzance51

Reaction score
Car was serviced 4 weeks ago' then the engine gasket blew and the oil went everywhere.

Pegueot fixed it and put a repair kit on.

Then a week ago the engine sounded rough and limped home, it was a coil.

Yhe car was fine for a few days then message check oil level, checked and added a 1l oil.

Then got Peugeot to check and all good, now I get a message

"ENGINE FAULT REPAIR NEEDED" and car is in limp mode, fans going off when stopped.​

Then after 3 hours the car started and no limp mode just normal, but the engine light is still on.

Any ideas?

Pedro

Reaction score
Which Engine Gasket ?
A repair kit?
If you have one coil or plug failing the recommendation is change all 4!
Post any fault codes?
If your adding 1Ltr of oil after Peugeot repaired the car then oil is still leaking or burning Oil?
Is there a low oil warning on the dash ?

Byzance51

Reaction score
No oil message...

It was the coil , they changed it and I asked them to change all 4 but they didnt.

The problem was fixed for 200km and now the EML is backnkn and fans are going crazy.

I opened the hood and found the coil had come off???
So I pushed it in waiting for a reset now.

I have the car booked it to replace all 3 and check the faults and remove the excess oil ad well.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

Anything else I should know?

Pedro

Reaction score
Heat is the issue as it can cause the coils to malfunction which does happen if they are breaking down & it as you pointed out best to change the 4 also if you have no service records I would change the 4 plugs as the coils & plugs are all linked together when getting max performance from theses engines same goes for clean Airflow through the intake

NF7

Reaction score
What can also destroy the coils is a sudden surge of energy from the alternator. Sometimes when the car is switching power distribution from the battery to the alternator the surge can burn out the coil. Energy surges and spikes usually happen with a dying battery (giving wrong signals to the alternator) or a dying alternator (less likely).