What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

'Engine fault - Repair needed' dashboard warning message

DaveM123

Reaction score
Just backed out of the drive , RCZ has been perfect for 6 months since I brought it. and a box lit up on the screen, 'engine fault repair needed'. Any advice please? , is this always a £grand main dealer repair job or have any members seen it before and found a less serious explanation? Out of work and skint, Any good news welcome... Thanks

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Ideally, without loading the parts cannon, you need any fault codes that are lurking.

Pedro

Reaction score
Without a code its near impossible to determine what's wrong if you can get the codes & post them up then we will see what the issue is on the dash assuming teh Battery is OK ?

DaveM123

Reaction score
Thanks 2retro and the other respondents, I'll invest in the Autel scanner code reader.

the advertising video shows it plugging into some socket on the model used, where and into what does it plug into on the RCZ?

(Regrettably i am so old I will have to find some relative fifty years younger than me who can help me download an app...)

I'll update this string when I have the code, thanks again

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks 2retro and the other respondents, I'll invest in the Autel scanner code reader.

the advertising video shows it plugging into some socket on the model used, where and into what does it plug into on the RCZ?

(Regrettably i am so old I will have to find some relative fifty years younger than me who can help me download an app...)

I'll update this string when I have the code, thanks again
The socket to plug the Code reader is below the heater control panel behind a rubber cover it just lifts out (use a flat head screwdriver to prize the cover up) then pull it outwards you will see the socket in front of you just plug the code reader in they are male & female plugs so you cannot go wrong then switch ignition on then a menu appears just scroll through the menus the machine will then go through a search cycle to find the fault code it should show for example the letter p then the numeric Nos for each code depending on the fault if you need more info come back on here as a dealer will charge around £85-90 !

DaveM123

Reaction score
two faults identified :

P2600 Turbo cooling pump control. Type local, Permanent fault, open circuit or overheating

P0087 Fuel circuit, permanent fault , pressure measured in the injection rail lower than the setting

at the moment driving normally with no warning message or engine warning light

Can anyone tell me if these are potentially terminal (main dealer quote £300 + £900 to fix) or I might ignore them?

cheers

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it petrol?
I'd guess your low fuel pressure could be the high pressure pump.

A known fault with the petrol.

Pedro

Reaction score
P0087 possibility fuel sensor or Pump is failing & they are a known generic failure thereis a guy on ebay who services the pumps

paulmnelly

Reaction score
Just backed out of the drive , RCZ has been perfect for 6 months since I brought it. and a box lit up on the screen, 'engine fault repair needed'. Any advice please? , is this always a £grand main dealer repair job or have any members seen it before and found a less serious explanation? Out of work and skint, Any good news welcome... Thanks
Hi Dave had my RCZ 2 months had the same problem, googled it so many different things or fuel filler cap not on properly, fuel pump , radiator , anyway checked all fluid levels and m radiator coolant was below minimum topped it up restarted car and the engine management light went off drive great since .

CarMasterandGuru

Reaction score
I found a article that may help you out. I hope this can fix your problem. If not, feel free to comment again. Thanks.