What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Fault Repair Needed, but then....

A

Anonymous

Hi guys (and gals),

The other day I drove to the supermarket, and as I started the car back up to come home, the car kind gurgled and the revs dropped a bit, then moments later I got the beep and the dreaded engine fault repair needed warning light.

I drove the car home - there was no loss of power/limp mode. It felt fine. I turned the car off several times on the way home, at traffic lights etc, and the warning light kept coming on. However when I checked the car an hour after I got home, the light didn't come on and it hasn't come on since (3/4 days).

Should I assume it was just 'having a moment' or should I take it in? I have an extended warranty but I imagine if they don't find a problem, I'll have to pay for labour.

Many thanks!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I had the same issue about 6 months ago and have never had it looked at and my car drives great with no problems the only thing I have noticed is when the car is ticking over when cold sometimes the revs drop a little and the car idles a little rough but a dab on the accelerater and All's well again. My cars due a service and I'll see if this helps.
:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Had a similar issue a few months ago - started up one day, came up with repair needed, drove fine (no limp mode), message popped up on next 2 or 3 starts that day, then nothing since.

Plugged in my OBDII reader - Sluggish response from Valvetronics, something to do with the variable valve timing.

Funny 5 minutes I hope!

A

Anonymous

Just an update on this. I dropped the car off before I went abroad and I just heard from the garage to say they replaced the high pressure fuel pump and the ignition coil (again)....jeepers, I'll have a whole new car before long, they've replaced so many parts!!