What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alcon disc alternative

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm curious. How many miles are you folks getting out of a set of RCZ-R front discs before they need replacing?

I've seen anything between 16,000 and 60,000 miles. It really does depend how you drive it and if you take it on track.

Kerr

Reaction score
It looks as if Fish Brothers have the discs and pads back up. It looks like the right things, but best double check. There is another set of discs slightly more expensive. Discs are priced individually when they were pairs before.

Flanners

Reaction score
The price of the pads is nuts I picked up a set of Textar/TMD Friction for around £40-50 OE spec as R has same Alcon calipers as on SC Jag. Textar make pads for Porsche Audi Bentley etc. Haven't fitted them yet though.

Marmite

Reaction score
If you can get discs on and off within 10 minutes then you'd be a popular mechanic.

If they take that measurement as being acceptable I'd be surprised. Taking an accurate measurement off a flared lip on discs fit for the bin isn't the way to go about this job.

Half a mm is about 5x the tolerance brake discs are manufactured to.

The C hooks are still visible on R discs below the minimum thickness. Those discs must be way below.

Looks like Aurin is in a good position to get the measurement.
Well it just past the mot with those discs !

Kerr

Reaction score
Well it just past the mot with those discs !

I would be very concerned if an MOT station passed them. Have they at least marked the MOT certificate with repair as soon as possible?

The C hooks are still visible below minimum thickness. To be completely disappeared the discs are into seriously weakened territory.

I can't believe you're running your car with them on. They should have been replaced long ago.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
Shows what you no then I borrowed a friends jag the other day an when I got back into mine it nearly chucked me though the windscreen the brakes are that good u fanny an yes it will get some new discs once I get the correct measurements but as some people on here like to bump there gums more than actually getting proactive it’s not a quick fix

More name calling. How old are you?

I thought you had flounced after deleting your posts and changing the thread title. You're going to run out of people willing to help you when you're behaving like this.

Shows what I know? I can't quite understand why you'd come on here to boast that your discs, that were clearly knackered, passed an MOT and question what I know. You don't even have to argue with me. There's plenty information out there about discs way under the minimum thickness. A respectable MOT station should have flagged up that they were far too thin and had huge lips.

There is a quick fix. Buy the proper discs from the proper supplier. The rest of us have managed just fine. It's sadly one of the costs to maintain the car to the correct standard.

Godspeed, Mtech and one or two others have been promising to make discs for years and can't be bothered to do it.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Brake discs are prone to cracking/overheating/warping once they reach their max lowest point of thickness & with the braking force of stopping the R its not worth the risk

Marmite

Reaction score
More name calling. How old are you?

I thought you had flounced after deleting your posts and changing the thread title. You're going to run out of people willing to help you when you're behaving like this.

Shows what I know? I can't quite understand why you'd come on here to boast that your discs, that were clearly knackered, passed an MOT and question what I know. You don't even have to argue with me. There's plenty information out there about discs way under the minimum thickness. A respectable MOT station should have flagged up that they were far too thin and had huge lips.

There is a quick fix. Buy the proper discs from the proper supplier. The rest of us have managed just fine. It's sadly one of the costs to maintain the car to the correct standard.

Godspeed, Mtech and one or two others have been promising to make discs for years and can't be bothered to do
Don’t you worry I will get some new discs from Peogout an I will take the measurements from them an pass them on to Godspeed cos I’m nice like that

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
Don’t you worry I will get some new discs from Peogout an I will take the measurements from them an pass them on to Godspeed cos I’m nice like that 🔔 end

More name calling.

Looking at your previous efforts

1) I wouldn't trust your measurements.

2) If Godspeed only work to 0.5mm tolerance(as per your info which I hope is wrong) then it's not a firm I'd consider buying from.

I've tried to help you from the start and telling what you what you're doing wasn't going to be acceptable. You've still wasted your time doing what I've told you in advance won't work. You still argue, you still throw insults and then your efforts get knocked back as you were warned. I'm trying to be helpful, but you won't listen. I'm sure Godspeed will be equally annoyed/concerned with your efforts. It's infuriating working with people like yourself.

You're way out of your depth dealing with stuff like this. Leave it to people that know what they are doing. Buy the right discs from Fish Brothers and stop getting yourself worked up.

Last edited:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’ve already got my OH’s pressie. A nice new Iron & ironing board. She will be so excited on Christmas morning 😆

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Might have to cancel the drill bits I was getting her as a stocking filler & have a look at some discs & pads instead 🤔

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Blooming heck !! She saw my posts & gave me a right stuffing, she said she didn’t want any of that stuff (she didn’t say stuff btw) so I’ve had to take everything back 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, I’ve had to fall back on my banker pressie, I’ve got her a screwfix voucher. She will be beside herself on the 25th 🎅🏼😀