What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dual Action polisher

turboguy

Reaction score
Bought myself a dual action polisher, which will hopefully arrive tomorrow from Amazon.
Probably drop by the car spares shop to pick up a clay bar before testing it out. Just wanted to get rid of some light swirl marks which I noticed on the car last week in the bright sunlight.
Have meguairs compound and autoglym super resin polish to use on the car and maybe add the ceramic stuff on last.
Been watching a lot of detailing videos on youtube and it doesnt look that difficult but very time consuming. Just hope it works ;) or I will end up with knackered paint work.

apple3337

Reaction score
Definitely worth doing a clay bar after the wash. Especially if it's never been done before. Super easy to do. Same as removing swirls. Meguiars Ultimate Compound is gentle. You really can't stuff up the paint as long as it's clean when you hit it with the compound. You'll be fine.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't use Polisher in one place as can burn the paint work slowly slowly Will do it.

RCZ1

Reaction score
You can damage paintwork with a DA - it’s a myth that you can’t. Keep the machine oscillating and not stopped in one place. Move the polisher slowly working a small area at a time (as you’ve probably seen in you tube videos). Working in one direction and overlapping half way on the return, working f horizontally then downwards covering the same area. This is called a pass. Do 4-6 passes on an area.
Don’t use Super Resin Polish it’s full of fillers. You need to wipe down with panel wipe to get the true picture to see if you have removed the swirls. This removes all oils from the polishes. You should also ideally have a light to shine on the paintwork to see the true finish too and to make sure you don’t have any compounding marks.
Don’t rush any of it. It’s better to be safe than sorry and keep way from edges with big pads as you can easily burn through and on the plastic bumpers front and back.

apple3337

Reaction score
I forgot to mention. Get someone to go over the car with a clear coat measuring gauge. It might have a history of paint correction and the clear coat could be reduced to minimal thickness. Unless you bought the car new, then you'd be OK. You'd know if it's been buffed before.

turboguy

Reaction score
quick mop job.jpg
Washed the car, clay bar then used the meguairs stage 1 prepare paintwork stuff (similar to T cut) as I couldnt find my meguairs compound . then waxed it . looks ok and got rid of the swirl marks on the car. Not too bad for a first attempt with the polisher only spent 4hrs in total .. Will do it properly next time

Flanners

Reaction score
you want to get Poorboys Blackhole on that.....trust me

Petrus Doyle

Reaction score
Good spot😂 fixed that issue with some vblack tyre stuff by turtle wax
I found Autoglmm tyre dressing after brush washing tyres goes on easily by spray, or better spray then brush over evenly with a paint brush. Repeat when dry for long lasting silk lustre.