What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Drivers window won’t go up

dan

Reaction score
Drivers window came down on entering car and wouldn’t go back up, took it to a garage and they removed the door panel, cables from the window mechanism were detached and twisted , new mechanism fitted, window still not going up, new window motor fitted, garage has just called and the window now goes down but will not go up. Now the garage says it can only be the switch now. It has cost £700 so far and still not working. Do I now get a replacement switch??

Pedro

Reaction score
Prob switch maybe water ingress is an issue

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Drivers window came down on entering car and wouldn’t go back up, took it to a garage and they removed the door panel, cables from the window mechanism were detached and twisted , new mechanism fitted, window still not going up, new window motor fitted, garage has just called and the window now goes down but will not go up. Now the garage says it can only be the switch now. It has cost £700 so far and still not working. Do I now get a replacement switch??
Bloody hell shouldn’t the switch have been checked before the motor was replaced???
Chances are the window just needed resetting or maybe a bsi reset

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Water ingress into the boot lock has been known to throw up all kinds of electrical issues you would not associate with the boot. I think I have heard of door windows having electrical glitches that have eventually been traced to the boot lock having water ingress. It might be an idea to check that. Also, as has been posted above, either a window reset or a bsi reset might sort it.
Its a bit late for that now though, as those checks should have been done before randomly replacing everything inside the door card. You might want to try a different garage next time.