What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Do you have sound proofing attached to your bonnet / hood?

Do you have Sound Proofing attached to the underside of your bonnet / hood?

• Diesel - Sound Proofing/Dampener

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Diesel - NO Sound Proofing/Dampener

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • THP 156 - Sound Proofing/Dampener

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • THP 156 - NO Sound Proofing/Dampener

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • THP 200 - Sound Proofing/Dampener

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • THP 200 - NO Sound Proofing/Dampener

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Re: Do you have a heat shield attached to your bonnet / hood

Yes very curious as mine has the holes. Today most cars come with one, so this is the first time I have seen a car that doesn't or sometimes does and sometimes doesn't.

Thanks though for the input so far, hoping to get more votes on the poll so have a better idea.

A

Anonymous

Do you have a heat shield attached to your bonnet / hood?

Must admit it was the very first thing I noticed when I opened the bonnet. Found it odd, first car I've had that hasn't had one, I mean even my old allegro from 19 oat cake had it :)

A

Anonymous

Hey,

I've got one in my GT THP200. Maybe it's a GT Extra?

Keiran

A

Anonymous

Good idea!

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

keiranm2000 said:
Hey,

Keiran
You are the first 200 to have a heat shield and I have the GT as well. What year is yours?

A

Anonymous

My ashpalt doesn't have one :(

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:
keiranm2000 said:
Hey,

Keiran
You are the first 200 to have a heat shield and I have the GT as well. What year is yours?

Mines a 2011. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 4,037
A

Anonymous

I reckon they run out of the part in the factory... Got anything else missing?

A

Anonymous

Dam it. I want one ;)

A

Anonymous

keiranm2000 said:
RCZ-Performance said:
keiranm2000 said:
Hey,

Keiran

Mines a 2011. Here's a pic.

Looking at your photo, that is not RCZ's bonnet.

On the heat shield part, I am not worry about paint, but rather concern if the heat shield trapped the heat under the bonnet and caused the engine to overheat.

I think the aluminum bonnet is a great heat dispenser. If heat is transferred to the bonnet, which is better.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

kkrcz said:
On the heat shield part, I am not worry about paint, but rather concern if the heat shield trapped the heat under the bonnet and caused the engine to overheat.

I think the aluminum bonnet is a great heat dispenser. If heat is transferred to the bonnet, which is better.

Good points. Curiosity about why some have them and some do not is what intrigues some of us. I want to collect information on this and I will also try to get an answer from Peugeot on the matter.

A

Anonymous

[quote="kkrcz] Mines a 2011. Here's a pic.[/quote]

Looking at your photo, that is not RCZ's bonnet.
[/quote]

mmmmm that'll be because Keiran drives a 308 convertible!!!

A

Anonymous

I've had this on quite a few cars, although it was always described as Sound Proofing rather than a Heat Shield.
I've never heard this type of fitting referred to as a Heat Shield :eusa-think:

I think the idea is to reduce engine, road and tyre noise to make a quieter vehicle and make listening to your Radio / I-Pod easier rather than it battling with outside noise.

Certainly works on other cars.
With Peugeot, I've found that the engine noise is muffled, although it does nothing for the road and tyre noise.

Saying that mind, the Diesel engine was very quiet when I first had the car. It has the definite diesel "rattle" now.
It's due it's first Service in around 2.5k miles, so maybe a bit of tlc may revive it :eusa-think:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

Gorwell said:
I've had this on quite a few cars, although it was always described as Sound Proofing rather than a Heat Shield.
I've never heard this type of fitting referred to as a Heat Shield :eusa-think:

I think the idea is to reduce engine, road and tyre noise to make a quieter vehicle and make listening to your Radio / I-Pod easier rather than it battling with outside noise.

Certainly works on other cars.
With Peugeot, I've found that the engine noise is muffled, although it does nothing for the road and tyre noise.

Saying that mind, the Diesel engine was very quiet when I first had the car. It has the definite diesel "rattle" now.
It's due it's first Service in around 2.5k miles, so maybe a bit of tlc may revive it :eusa-think:

Okay I stand corrected in regards to the what it is called, it is a sound dampener and not really a heat shield. So thank you for enlightening me and others. Still curious as to why it is on some and not others. Maybe they want the sound of the 200 to be more apparent from the outside, but at this moment not sure. Will still state that my hood is very hot after driving it, so the sound proofing might help with that.

A

Anonymous

Re: Do you have sound proofing attached to your bonnet / hoo

To answer your question, diesel engined RCZ models are the only ones to feature the underbonnet soundproofing.

Peugeot

A

Anonymous

So why do 2 156's have them did the factory put the wrong engine in them :eusa-think: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

Peugeot Group said:
To answer your question, diesel engined RCZ models are the only ones to feature the underbonnet soundproofing.

Peugeot

Thanks for the information on this.

So I am gathering it is put on the diesels as they are noisier than the petrol versions?

Some other questions:

1. As someone has already pointed out, why do some of the petrol versions have this installed?
2. Why isn't it installed on the petrol versions, in other words, is there a reason why not?

Anticipating your answers and information around this very curious observation :)

A

Anonymous

The underbonnet soundproofing is only fitted to the HDi Diesel variants of RCZ. It is fitted to improve the acoustic comfort within the vehicle. On petrol versions additional soundproofing is not required due to the lower noise levels of the petrol turbo engines.

The bonnets on all RCZ models are identical and include the fitting points for this pad. On the THP156 this is not required, however it is possible that a specific vehicle or vehicles might have been built with the underbonnet soundproofing during production.

A

Anonymous

Diesel has no turbo. Will it overheat in turbo car?

A

Anonymous

kkrcz said:
Diesel has no turbo.

Eh :eek:

When did they remove that then :eusa-think:

My Diesel has a Turbo :auto-car: - and Sound Proofing under the Bonnet :Moony:

:thumbup: