What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DIY: Bluetooth Audio streaming on NG4 + cigarette lighter socket into the glove box

Reky_Fr

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Today i'm sharing with you my last change to add the audio streaming to the NG4 from a smartphone (or any kind of bluetooth device)

Addition of the audio streaming for NG4 + cigarette lighter socket installation into the glove box

What you need:

• A cigarette lighter socket

Now, let's go

Pick the 12V from the original cigarette lighter socket (white wire it the positive pin)

Then, you will have to slide the wire to the glove box (70cm wire lengh is enought). Slide it under the center column. You don't need to pull off plastics or remove any kind of protection.

After that, you have to drill the glove box on the left side

With your fingers, catch the wire from the below of the box to the hole

Now plug the wires to the socket ("+" pin should be in the middle)

So let's go for the second part of the process. Plug the USB dongle and then the Audio cable to the RCA Audio socket

Last step, pair your smartphone to the dongle. As soon as you have the blue light, your smartphone and the dongle are paired

Finally, on the media setup, select the auxiliaire input.

That's all, you can now enjoy the audio streaming from your smartphone to the NG4 (call management is not impacted, it remains managed by the NG4, only media files are associated to the USB dongle.

I hope that this would be helpful guys, see ya!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Reky
Well what can I say you have been busy with your modifications and all done really well and thanks for sharing with the forum...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Great modification well done thanks for sharing 👍

Reky_Fr

Reaction score
thanks buds!

That's the first part, i should improve it by adding this kind of accesories:
  • Shorter audio cable - 10cm
  • Angled USB connector

Thread will be updated soon

NF7

Reaction score
Question. Does the BT module turn off when turning off the car, or does it stay connected and use the car battery.

Also, have you made any changes to this setup like you said? I'm thinking of doing something similar.

K50 AOS

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Today i'm sharing with you my last change to add the audio streaming to the NG4 from a smartphone (or any kind of bluetooth device)

Addition of the audio streaming for NG4 + cigarette lighter socket installation into the glove box

What you need:

• A cigarette lighter socket

Now, let's go

Pick the 12V from the original cigarette lighter socket (white wire it the positive pin)

Then, you will have to slide the wire to the glove box (70cm wire lengh is enought). Slide it under the center column. You don't need to pull off plastics or remove any kind of protection.

After that, you have to drill the glove box on the left side

With your fingers, catch the wire from the below of the box to the hole

Now plug the wires to the socket ("+" pin should be in the middle)

So let's go for the second part of the process. Plug the USB dongle and then the Audio cable to the RCA Audio socket

Last step, pair your smartphone to the dongle. As soon as you have the blue light, your smartphone and the dongle are paired

Finally, on the media setup, select the auxiliaire input.

That's all, you can now enjoy the audio streaming from your smartphone to the NG4 (call management is not impacted, it remains managed by the NG4, only media files are associated to the USB dongle.

I hope that this would be helpful guys, see ya!
Life saver I'm happy to do the same a French company sells a plug in for the back of the unit £45 + pp but it cancels out the phone so I thinks there is no point loosing a feature/function

GiPi

Reaction score
Hello, Do you experience some sort of noise in background when switching to BT IN?