What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

digital dash stopped working

dan

Reaction score
my wife was driving her rcz on friday and the digital dash has stopped showing the speed and has a line going from one side to the other,, any ideas? she got in it on Monday morning and on opening drivers door the window went down about 2 inch as normal and then when she got in it stayed 2 inches down instead of closing back up. it remained like that until I came in from work and pressed the window up button for about 10 seconds, the window then closed but now it wont go up or down. any ideas???

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
As for the dash showing a line if you press the button on the end of the wiper arm it alters the display it might of just been pressed by mistake hope this is of some help to you as for window might need to do a BSI reset..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

dan

Reaction score
As for the dash showing a line if you press the button on the end of the wiper arm it alters the display it might of just been pressed by mistake hope this is of some help to you as for window might need to do a BSI reset..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Cheers for that, dash is back on again. I was taking it to the garage tomorrow as well . Doh !!!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Easily done! 😆 There is a simple procedure for resetting the windows but off the top of my head I can’t remember what it is it’s something like you’ve already done by holding the switch in a certain position for a length of time.
Try searching the forum and you’ll probably find an old post relating to this.

tianorth

Reaction score
I believe if you lower the window (not on auto) and hold the switch for either 5 or 10 seconds (can't remember which) after window stops at lowest point, then release, the raise (not on auto) and hold switch when window is at highest point for same time again.
Think that's the reset

dan

Reaction score
my wife was driving her rcz on friday and the digital dash has stopped showing the speed and has a line going from one side to the other,, any ideas? she got in it on Monday morning and on opening drivers door the window went down about 2 inch as normal and then when she got in it stayed 2 inches down instead of closing back up. it remained like that until I came in from work and pressed the window up button for about 10 seconds, the window then closed but now it wont go up or down. any ideas???
I believe if you lower the window (not on auto) and hold the switch for either 5 or 10 seconds (can't remember which) after window stops at lowest point, then release, the raise (not on auto) and hold switch when window is at highest point for same time again.
Think that's the reset
Unfortunately the window is now all the way up and will not go up or down no matter how long I press the button , it sounds like the window motor is turning for about 3 seconds then it goes quiet but the window isn’t moving

dimma

Reaction score
Found this about resetting systems on these cars haven’t needed to try it yet

The battery or BSI Reset procedure must be followed so that electrical items function properly after having disconnected the battery,
Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

2retro

Reaction score
Think he might have a problem with performing this procedure since he is unable to put the window down to begin with...

tianorth

Reaction score
Can be done with 2 people as long as the person in the car doesn't touch anything else other than the procedure.