What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Different Brand Winter Tires

swisspilot101

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
It's about time to change my tires for the winter season and I've come to realize that the previous owner of my R had a pair of Contis T860 and a pair of Pirelli Sotozero 3s as winter tires. I've never mixed and matched different brands on a car but I get the basic sence that one brand should be put on the same axle. All 4 tires have similar threads and are practically new.

Has anyone faced issues with handling with mixing brands? Or are you doing that as well?

I won't buy new tires as these are brand new but I was wondering if anyone had made good/bad experiences before.

Thanks!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Not advisable at all.

Some instability while braking on wet/snow/ice might result from mixing the brands. As long as you do not drive fast (which is hard to do while in Switzerland) you should be fine. Just be a little bit more cautious than usually.

swisspilot101

Reaction score
Not advisable at all.

Some instability while braking on wet/snow/ice might result from mixing the brands. As long as you do not drive fast (which is hard to do while in Switzerland) you should be fine. Just be a little bit more cautious than usually.
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind.