What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diesel vs Petrol

web365ster

Reaction score
Having decided that the RCZ is more about the show than the go, I've started to consider the diesel models as well as the 200 Petrol. Just got a couple of questions
Is the diesel the same engine that I might find in my wife's 2.0HDi Citroen DS4?
Does the diesel GT get the same gearbox model as the petrol, and does it come with the smaller wheel and short throw shifter?

knh316

Reaction score
I test drove both the 1.6 petrol and 2ltr diesel and was amazed 8n the difference.
I bought the diesel and am very pleased

Kerr

Reaction score
I wouldn't be buying a diesel going forward. The diesel is Euro 5 and will be subject to fees for entering cities and congested areas.

lfe

Reaction score
I will always prefer the petrol engine, apart from pollution problems that penalize the diesel, for the pleasure of raising revs to the limit in acceleration.

Pedro

Reaction score
I wouldn't be buying a diesel going forward. The diesel is Euro 5 and will be subject to fees for entering cities and congested areas.
He's in California which is a lot different than Londanistan 🤣

Kerr

Reaction score
He's in California which is a lot different than Londanistan 🤣
I didn't read his profile, but we are talking Peugeot RCZs and Citroen C4 diesels. I'm sure it's more likely to be California near Falkirk than California USA.

Kerr

Reaction score
If you're going to wear a kilt you firstly have to be able to measure up and secondly be a man.

will_berry70

Reaction score
I test drove both the 1.6 petrol and 2ltr diesel and was amazed 8n the difference.
I bought the diesel and am very pleased
Just got the diesel. They say it has the more robust engine, plus I wanted some fuel economy :) On top of that Celtic tuning offer a stage 1 remap that they claim take it up to 200hp and give an extra 26% torque. It already pulls like a mofo so I'm looking forward to saving my pennies for the remap.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there Will I have been told that it is possible to get a extra 30bhp guaranteed just by plugging into the reader plug.... Wonder what money they will be asking for to do it...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

turboguy

Reaction score
I think its time for petrol again as its 20p cheaper at the pumps 😂. Also the heater works quicker in a petrol car hence my preference but really its your own personal choice for me I had to have the R only being a petrolhead :cool:

Pedro

Reaction score
Just got the diesel. They say it has the more robust engine, plus I wanted some fuel economy :) On top of that Celtic tuning offer a stage 1 remap that they claim take it up to 200hp and give an extra 26% torque. It already pulls like a mofo so I'm looking forward to saving my pennies for the remap.
Don't want on pee on your bonfire regarding the remap but clutches take a hammering getting into that power range but good luck & watch the speedo! ;)

will_berry70

Reaction score
Don't want on pee on your bonfire regarding the remap but clutches take a hammering getting into that power range but good luck & watch the speedo! ;)
Oh for the little bit of fun it'd be put to, I'm sure I can go easy on the clutch during gear changes :D