What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dent

A

Anonymous

After washing the car yesterday I noticed a dent in the passenger side door, pretty much on the crease line ahead of the door handle.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't there when I picked it up from the dealer, it's one of those dents that you can't really see very easily.

Anyway I've managed to get a paintless dent removal company in Swindon to correct the problem tomorrow, so fingers crossed. The technician I spoke to said he'd done quite a few RCZ's with very subtle dents and even wanted to know the colour as he's found that they show up a lot on white ones.

The good news is that he doesn't think it will take any more than 20 mins to correct.

A

Anonymous

Was it Dingmaster on Elgin Industrial estate perchance? I used them to get some car park dents out of the XKR and they did an excellent job :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mistral_blue said:
Was it Dingmaster on Elgin Industrial estate perchance? I used them to get some car park dents out of the XKR and they did an excellent job :thumbup:

Yep :)

I@m taking it in at 12, are you anywhere near there?

A

Anonymous

These paintless dent removal companies can do some pretty amazing work. On that crease line is not the easiest of places and will sort the men out from the boys. Let us all know how you get on

Reaction score
I had about 5 little dinks on my passenger door when I brought her plus quite a noticeable one on my drivers door I fetched in Craig @ Dent Devil & he did them & you can not tell where they were well pleased, so you should be ok Catherine he will sort it for you :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

CatherineF said:
mistral_blue said:

Yep :)

I@m taking it in at 12, are you anywhere near there?

Am off to collect my RCZ from Fish Bros actually! So vaguely nearby...

A

Anonymous

I've just driven past there. If your around just after 12 I'm going to be at Elgin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Good luck Catherine,

I've heard good things about them so hopefully they will look after your pride and joy.

I miss living down south :(

Jase

A

Anonymous

If it had been a bit later I'd have come across, had to head back for lunch with little ones though! You're welcome to pop in for a brew if you're near Shrivenham though! I now have my quad exhausts fitted! Hope your dent comes out OK, as I mentioned they did an excellent job on some pretty trick ones on my other car inc roof and front wing

A

Anonymous

Car is fixed 10 minutes and 2 dents removed. Mistral have you seen the price of that 63 plate RCZ at Fish Bros! £12995 - surely that can't be right are my eyes playing tricks

A

Anonymous

That was quick, no I didn't see that one - that's an incredible price! Only one I can see on their website it just under 20k...?

A

Anonymous

I wonder if they had the wrong sign in it or if it was indeed my eyesight. It's a Mercury Grey with Silver Rails.

A

Anonymous

Hi I've just bought a second hand RCZ in white and have just noticed the exact dent you've described would you mind letting me know how much it has cost to fix and where you happy with the results?

Claire

A

Anonymous

That's the one!

The cheapest I'd seend was £15,995 and that was for a petrol GT in the brown metallic colour with brown leather interior.

A

Anonymous

Claire18 said:
Hi I've just bought a second hand RCZ in white and have just noticed the exact dent you've described would you mind letting me know how much it has cost to fix and where you happy with the results?

Claire

Hi Claire, it was £45 plus VAT.

A

Anonymous

Definitely worth it. It's even better if you have a few to sort out at the same time.

frankvdb

Reaction score
Can someone post some pictures of the result after dent removal?
I've had a dent removed from the crease of my passenger door and have to say that I can still see where the dent used to be.
It is much better now then it used to be, however still visible. According to the dealer dents on the crease are hard to deal with using these paintless techniques so I wonder about your results.
I'm on holiday in Thailand now and the next two weeks I will be in China for work so I can't post pictures of mine at the moment.

Before leaving for the holidays I have returned my car to the dealer who will have the front spoiler repainted.
I got a new spoiler some years ago after hitting a light post at low speed but apparently the paint job was not done well because it now is full of stone chips, whereas the original spoiler had none and also no new stone chips have appeared anywhere else on the car since the repaint.
Also I did note when washing the car shortly after the recent dent removal that a new chip has appeared on the driver side plastic part under the body. Apparently it's also slightly dented so I suspect it fell of a jack or something like that during the dent removal because the chip is under the part, not on the side. I did also tell the dealer about this.
Not so impressed with them at the moment.
The car is still great though.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi Frankvdb,

I have had about four dents removed on my dolphin blue & the guy i used is fantastic i had quite a dents in my drivers door & a few on the crease line of the door at the top & i cannot see where they where they were, pity he couldn't travel over to you :thumbup: