What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Denison DAB+U - USB DAB-Radio

A

Anonymous

Hey guys and girls!

I was wondering if anyone have tried this dab adapter before?

It streams dab/dab+ channels trough the factory usb. Like your playing normal mp3's from a usb-stick.
Thinking about trying one out, what do you think?
Sorry if this has been posted before, couldn't find anything.

Bad video of the system working in a bmw : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W6mK5fyMDk
More info: http://www.dension.com/products/dbu

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Not a bad idea, but its quite expensive. And even more if you need any other bits that arent included.

A

Anonymous

Yes its quite expensive, and an external window antenna is required. (20-40£)
But I like the idea of not needing any external screens, or remotes.

A

Anonymous

I have a dab conversion from pug but dealer has tuned it into ch6 and then you use a remote to up/down.It does work fine though.That includes windscreen micro antenna

A

Anonymous

yeah.. its the autodab one.. it works off original screen without that sticky on pad thing on dash. You have remote control and just click up down.. beeps and you have all available dabs in your area.Just it doesnt work off the channel change stalk for normal radio

A

Anonymous

Will talk to my local pug dealer tomorrow, might be a better solution :)
Does it show song names and stuff like that?

A

Anonymous

There was special promotional price on this in the UK recently. Worth keeping an eye out for deals. I'm not much of a radio man but quite like DAB radio...except for all the blasted ads!

A

Anonymous

Just the rds type stuff like station details that your on etc.It does future proof car though as they are gonna switch the fm stuff off at some stage and leave lots without a radio as such.Worth the cash i think anyway

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Im going to be upgrading my sound system at some point. So when the FM gets switched off, it will just force me to change the headunit with an aftermarket one.

A

Anonymous

Denison is usually fibre optic based (most network) auto dab is probably the best option , don't think fm will be switched off any time soon

A

Anonymous

My alternative solution and what I believe will be the future!!

I have an Android Sony Z phone which I have dash mounted. (can post photo's one day soon if people would like to see?)

When I turn the car on it automatically switches to car mode (downloaded an app which loads up a app when bluetooth is connected)

Then Have a list of app icos e.g. sat nav, spotify but the app which may be interesting to you is tune in radio.

This gives me full internet radio and I have set the buffer to about 20 seconds and even though I live in a rural area with quite poor internet mobile signal because internet radio is very low band width compared to video or other streaming content I find the signal is very good.

Just an alternative idea and very low cost solution if you have a smart phone as you already have excellent A2DP bluetooth with the RD4 headunit. I have said before that I love this factory headunit (does what it says on the tin)

I have over 100 albums on a USB stick and it works so seamlessly, great factory radio much better than some of the modern touch screen stuff like my ex had in her Peugeot 208.

A

Anonymous

Pugmanrcz: the problem with this is that if you have the navi radio (forget the name)
Audio over bluetooth does not work, other that than its a superb solution :)

I bought the denison box a few weeks ago, but got supplied the wrong antenna.
Waiting for a new one, right now. The box itself seems to work very nicely.
Will post a full review once I have it 100% up and running.

A

Anonymous

cheers Pazzi..

[I had RD4 in my 207 Gt it had bluetooth but no A2DP I took 3 yers trying to find a good way round it but never found the perfect solution, so bought an RCZ lol

Sounds a nice retro fit device, I'm sure the navigation headunit people (i forget model number too now, think there are 2 units available) will be pleased to hear how you get on with it..

So is your usb port in the armrest like mine? ideal for the unit but how will you run the DAB aerial from the arm rest?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Quite a thread resurrection, but has anyone tried the one posted by the OP?
I'm thinking of getting one when I pick up the R.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I should be ordering one of these tomorrow. I have been told it works with the RT6 from the supplier, although it has not been tested in an RCZ. I will keep you updated :)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I saw the Peugeot one at a dealership when I first got the Z, it will be interesting to see how you get on with this one :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I saw the Peugeot one at a dealership when I first got the Z, it will be interesting to see how you get on with this one :eusa-think:
I wasn't keen on the Peugeot one as I don't want to have to rely on a remote control. Will keep you updated. :thumbup:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Well, so far so good. It works while testing it in the garage. Just need to reroute the aerial as it doesn't look very attractive on the roof lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk