What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

dead,

badboybeef

Reaction score
Hello All, ive just joined as a new RCZ owner mines a 2010 156thp gt, love the car but while sitting in my drive the temp went right up then i had a stop message appear so i switched the car off now nothing will come on not even the remote locking . any ideas please as it seams to sudden and final to be a dead battery

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
How long had the car been running? Could be a faulty temp sensor but this shouldn’t have killed the full electrical system, there have been reports of power module failures this is the unit that the battery connects to quite expensive to replace from Peugeot but available secondhand for a lot less

badboybeef

Reaction score
Hello All, ive just joined as a new RCZ owner mines a 2010 156thp gt, love the car but while sitting in my drive the temp went right up then i had a stop message appear so i switched the car off now nothing will come on not even the remote locking . any ideas please as it seams to sudden and final to be a dead battery

badboybeef

Reaction score
would you believe the garage hadnt connected the battery properly, the negative was just bouncing on top of the battery post , once i put it on properly and tightend it up all starting and electrics have been fine, couldnt see it was off at first due to the cover etc,

Marmite

Reaction score
would you believe the garage hadnt connected the battery properly, the negative was just bouncing on top of the battery post , once i put it on properly and tightend it up all starting and electrics have been fine, couldnt see it was off at first due to the cover etc,
I would believe it iv had pipes an spark plugs left loose

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I had exactly the same on a Renault Megan CC with the positive terminal. It drove home OK, parked up, then next morning in the snow I got @ 15 metres from my house when it just stopped - nothing working. Recovery called out & showed me that the positive terminal was literally resting against the battery post. Fortunately a 2 minute fix. But like you I thought wtf.