What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dashboard issue

A

Anonymous

Just curious, but has anyone had any problems with the synthetic leather or the integral leather "sagging" or creasing on the dashboard, i've just read some reviews on other sites where this has been a problem, mainly around the vents but also other area's of the dash ?

Owners seem to think this is down to the heat from the sun coming through the screen . there are write-ups where the whole dash has been replaced, which in turn then causes problems with rattles and creaking :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

hiya Jactac

I got full leather interior and in Australia, had the car for 2 months in full summer here and we do get a fair bit of hot sun down here - haven't noticed anything and am keeping a close eye on it. I do "maintain" the leather dashboard with leather cleaner and protector so not sure if this makes any difference or not
Hopefully this is not a common problem!

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Owners seem to think this is down to the heat from the sun coming through the screen . there are write-ups where the whole dash has been replaced, which in turn then causes problems with rattles and creaking :eusa-think:

Thankfully... being in Scotland I shall never have this problem :lol: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Cannot see the "synthetic" leather sagging though.. its just soft touch plastic at heart. leather would need treated every week or so in my opinion seeing as they will be exposed to greatly varrying temps!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Figo said:
Cannot see the "synthetic" leather sagging though.. its just soft touch plastic at heart. leather would need treated every week or so in my opinion seeing as they will be exposed to greatly varrying temps!

There have been reports of it sagging so being plastic / fake leather, whatever, always best to look after it and treat it as if it is real leather. Better to be safe than sorry :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

So would you use a leather enricher on there too? I'm still stumped how to clean mine!

A

Anonymous

Have used Turtle wax leather cleaner and feed from Halfords on my real leather dash seats and door cappings has had no adverse effect and looks really good

FGRob

Reaction score
Please guy's just remember what Peugeot recommend in the hand book for the dashboard, just a damp cloth (I'm talking none leather) so if you do have a problem you have not been using any products to clean / treat your dash - have you. :wave: ;)

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Rob

The leather cleaner I use is water based, as all good leather cleaners should be, so I don't think it is likely to cause any problems. In all probability, it's probably better than using a damp cloth as there's actually less moisture going onto the dash.

Has anyone actually thought that the damp cloth might be causing the problem?

A

Anonymous

I thoought it looked kinda rough after cleaning with a damp cloth to be honest

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Hi Rob

The leather cleaner I use is water based, as all good leather cleaners should be, so I don't think it is likely to cause any problems. In all probability, it's probably better than using a damp cloth as there's actually less moisture going onto the dash.

Has anyone actually thought that the damp cloth might be causing the problem?
Yep I know what you are saying but you are talking about warranty, manufacturers and a public forum - so for three years it gets cleaned with a damp soft cloth.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tips guys, i was just a bit concerned when i read these reports on the dash having probs, but it seems that the general opinion is, look after it and all will be good. cant argue with that. :beer: