What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dash cam advice

Jim Lad

Reaction score
Anybody got any thoughts on the Viofo A119S dash cam. It seems to have reasonable reviews & small enough to be less conspicuous.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have the Viofo A118c fitted front & rear and the quality is excellent. The cameras are inconspicuous and simple to set up. I have the front hard wired into the fuse box & I installed an additional 12v socket in the boot where the rear camera is plugged in.

The A119s has good reviews, so I think should be a good choice. :eusa-think:

Jim Lad

Reaction score
Thanks Pete for the advice. I was thinking along those lines having one in front & another in the back. Have yours got the anti reflection filter on them, I wasn't sure it they were necessary. :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I don't have those, when I got my cameras they weren't available, but I understand that the ones they have produced for the 119 also fit the 118, so I might invest in one for the front, I seem to get a lot of reflection in that one. Not quite so much from the rear, although it is still noticeable at times.

I am not sure how these would affect night time use, I don't want to be having to remember to put them in in the morning and take them off again at night. I see from the reviews that the a119s has better night vision than both the 119 and 118, so maybe it's not as much an issue for that camera.

If you do get the cpl let me know what you think.

Jim Lad

Reaction score
Cheers Pete thanks for your comments. Will probably go for the A119S with the cpl as the reviews recommend it. Will let you know how I get on with it.

Jim Lad

Reaction score
Hi Pete, which fuse did you use to connect. Being as the dashcam has a motion sensor on I may look to have it connected all the time & was looking to connect to possibly the internal lights but wasn't sure what the fuse number was.