What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Damage to plastic front bumper on RCZR

rastreet

Reaction score
So...

I know I’m a moron so let’s get that out of the way.

I melted the paint on the front of my R this weekend gone using a machine polisher. It has warped and distorted in a ripple and I now need to get it fixed.

Any/all ideas well enough before I take t to my Peugeot dealer and just have a new one ordered and this one replaced.

Thanks,

Rich

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Don’t think your the first to do this, another member on here did exactly the same so maybe he’s the best to advise a remedy :D

Over to you Mick :)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Many years ago I bought a Toyota Corolla saloon which had a nice square cut out of the back bumper having previously had a towbar fitted.

I phoned round my local body shops & found a small father & son business who said he did plastic welding, and assured me he could insert a piece & paint the bumper to look like new.

To my surprise he did exactly that. You could not see where the piece had been inserted.

The point of the above is that you could maybe find a body shop that can cut out the rippled section, insert a new piece, and paint it up.

I would imagine if you can get this done it would work out a whole lot cheaper than a replacement bumper. :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Don’t think your the first to do this, another member on here did exactly the same so maybe he’s the best to advise a remedy :D

Over to you Mick :)

Hmmm,

I thought I could put this behind me LOL but yup i did almost the same not once but twice, albeit on the same occasion.

though I did not melt the plastic, only burnt the paint and it flaked off.

So, because of that I managed to get the area on the front bumper and mirror arm repainted and you couldn't tell afterwards, they did a real good job.

You are faced with a different scenario since you have rippled the plastic..... Yes the advice from DKZ could be an option and if you look about there are the odd bumper on FleaBay from time to time but these are mostly damaged or scratched in the first place.

I think if it was mine, I would take it to a body shop and see what they can do, or try find someone who does plastic welding and see what they can advise.

Good Luck and post some pics it may help others who do the same thing, can't just be the two of us .... can it ? !!

Cheers M..... :beer: