What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DAB Radio

Geoff Anson

Reaction score
Hi folks. Does anyone know if Australian RCZs ( mine is 2015 model) have DAB radio capability?

Davo3334

Reaction score
Hi everyone from sunny Tasmania.....I have a 2010 RCZ 62kms and appear to be having same issues as lots of peops on here with HPFP 😕😕
Does anyone know if the equivalent Cooper S r56/7 engine ???? They are far cheaper than the Peugeot one.
Cheers Chris

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi everyone from sunny Tasmania.....I have a 2010 RCZ 62kms and appear to be having same issues as lots of peops on here with HPFP 😕😕
Does anyone know if the equivalent Cooper S r56/7 engine ???? They are far cheaper than the Peugeot one.
Cheers Chris
You will need to cross reference the original part Nos if yours is the 200GT like mine I could only get a Peugeot Original pump but that was from ebay at £340.00

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There was an accessory available from dealers in the U.K. that gave DAB capability. I would imagine there might well be an aftermarket version available.

Kerr

Reaction score
The R came without a standard DAB as per the test drive web sites so maybe it was upgraded at some point perhaps ?

Mine is one of the very last cars. Maybe it was fitted later in the production run?

It must be factory fit. It works as normal on the head unit and there is no additional aerials. DAB needs a different aerial so the head unit must have already had it.

Looking of Autotrader there is two cars showing DAB as an option. A 2014 and a 2015 car.

2retro

Reaction score
DAB was an optional extra. There is a hidden DAB aerial in there somewhere...

Pedro

Reaction score
The unit has a programme upgrade have you owned the car from new ?

Kerr

Reaction score
I've had it since April 2019.

It's a 65 plate car.

What's the programme upgrade?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
You've got a very dusty dash Kerr.
Don't post those pictures on DW, you'll give some poor soul a heart attack.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Puppies are more important.
I've also discovered not being arsed cleaning the car to be more important too 😆

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing with us all as there might be some RCZers out there that have dab radio and no idea they had it... Thanks again..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

PeterK

Reaction score
Hi all,
I own a 2012 RCZ automatic (since summer 2022) with the Harman Becker NG4 set. Dutch car and original. Updated the navigation system with the software from this forum.
Is the DAB+ option available for this set? And how to select it?
We have 5 multiplexes nationwide and one local, so this would be a big improvement.

Thanks.

Pedro

Reaction score
Those who have tried to get into the system have potentially met a brick wall as per Peugeot software & lets face it the radio is shit in all models my youngest son ripped his BMW system out & fitted a new set up when I asked him to do mine he said a big NO as its a Pug so live with it !😅