What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

D badge

2retro

Reaction score
MKI or MKII? Usual way is to get a piece of cotton thread behind the badge (like you're flossing your teeth) and loosen it off like that. I think the MKI RCZ front badge might be bolted on from behind as well though so check that too. 👍

Kerr

Reaction score
Heat the badges up a bit first to soften the adhesive.

Use dental floss or similar for peeling off the letters.

Tar/glue remover to remove the adhesive left behind.

It'll probably need a good polish still to get rid of discoloration.

Marmite

Reaction score
MKI or MKII? Usual way is to get a piece of cotton thread behind the badge (like you're flossing your teeth) and loosen it off like that. I think the MKI RCZ front badge might be bolted on from behind as well though so check that too. 👍

thanks I will give it a go as mine is a month 2 so I would imagine there stuck on , its only the front one I want to remove as it has Peugeot on the two bar grill ,
Also on another subject I had mine mapped it was making 271 on the Dyno an 330 n/m an after the Dyno it went up to 276 an 360 n/m but in the process blew the turbo to down pipe gasket which has left it blowing a fine pink dust over the engine , remedy is a new gasket from the main dealer , wait for it £154 for a 6 quid gasket ! Dose any one know where to get one from other than main dealer

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
MK1 is just stuck on by has two locating pins but isn’t bolted or screwed.👍

DKZ5745

Reaction score
thanks I will give it a go as mine is a month 2 so I would imagine there stuck on , its only the front one I want to remove as it has Peugeot on the two bar grill ,
Also on another subject I had mine mapped it was making 271 on the Dyno an 330 n/m an after the Dyno it went up to 276 an 360 n/m but in the process blew the turbo to down pipe gasket which has left it blowing a fine pink dust over the engine , remedy is a new gasket from the main dealer , wait for it £154 for a 6 quid gasket ! Dose any one know where to get one from other than main dealer

are you sure the gasket has gone? The R is known to have a bit of a dusting of the fine pink powder from what I have read.

daveslotus

Reaction score
I have the same fine pink dust appearing on my R. Would be good to get the definitive reason for whats causing it.....

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't the pink dust due to a heat shield liner?
Possibly the turbo heat shield, though don't take that as gospel.

2retro

Reaction score
Isn't the pink dust due to a heat shield liner?
Possibly the turbo heat shield, though don't take that as gospel.
I've read that a few times on here too so I think you're right. It's normal on the R and does NOT automatically mean a blown gasket.

Kerr

Reaction score
Mine has got some pink dust over the top of the engine cover too.

Do many people bother to remap their R? There doesn't look to be much gains to be had, or is there preferred people for mapping?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The thing is, Peugeout Sport, who developed the R, reportedly pushed the Prince engine to its limits When they managed 270 bhp.

I know there are always built in safety margins, but surely that’s what they actually are, margins for safety.

I’m not sure whether I would want to push my R (if I had one) any further than the already amazing limits it already has.

Flanners

Reaction score
The pink dust is from the tubo heat shield, I have recently had a brand new one fitted on my R as a Peugeot Technician happily used it as a place to take his weight as he reached into the bay and badly dented it. Only took 4 days for a new one to be sourced by Dealer and fitted which surprised me; apparently it is an item that needs to be replaced as the efficiency of it breaks down over time hence the pink dust.

Marmite

Reaction score
The pink dust is from the tubo heat shield, I have recently had a brand new one fitted on my R as a Peugeot Technician happily used it as a place to take his weight as he reached into the bay and badly dented it. Only took 4 days for a new one to be sourced by Dealer and fitted which surprised me; apparently it is an item that needs to be replaced as the efficiency of it breaks down over time hence the pink dust.
Just got a leaking washer bottle now think it’s leaking round the pump or low fluid censor

Marmite

Reaction score

Do many people bother to remap their R? There doesn't look to be much gains to be had, or is there preferred people for mapping?

I had mine mapped , gave it 5 bhp an 30 n/m of talk then blew the exhaust gasket .
It’s been fixed is ok but I’m not chancing any more an had it put back to stock on a rolling road an it is pushing out 271 bhp as std

Marmite

Reaction score
I had mine mapped , gave it 5 bhp an 30 n/m of talk then blew the exhaust gasket .
It’s been fixed is ok but I’m not chancing any more an had it put back to stock on a rolling road an it is pushing out 271 bhp as std
Up date on my petrol fumes an turbo , car broke down last month on A47 turns out it was down to a less than poor service no 4 spark plug had not been tightened an eventually knocked out the coil pack and had to be towed in , I wasn’t none to happy but that’s fixed now .
then I had a water leak on the turbo and that was fixed by midland turbo for £ 150 an now all is good .