What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

CRUSE CONTROL FAILING

French Letter

Reaction score
On occasions the cruise control on the RCZ ceases to operate. This has happened to my Peugeot 207cc Sport. Fixed it by replacing the brake light switch.

So, I replaced it on the RCZ.

Part:

I'll keep ya posted.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it assumes you're braking. So kicks the CC off.
Exactly the same in the 407, I had them fail in both of mine. No cruise and permanently lit brake lights.
On the 407 it's mounted on the brake bar (because r/h drive) under the passenger side of the dash.
Great fun.

Valex

Reaction score
This is my story with the cruise control, maybe can help :)
Many times but not every day, always in the morning, the cruise control was not working. After 10 -20 km the cruise control was miraculously working fine o_O. I could not understand why!
One day I started to play with the left foot and lift the brake and the clutch pedal and I found out that the cruise control was starting to work fine.
After some test, I found out that in the morning the clutch pedal was not lifting completely and in that position, the cruise control was not working.
Just a little help lifting the clutch pedal with the left foot, just a cm, and this was solving the problem! After this first help, it was not necessary to do this anymore.

French Letter

Reaction score
This is my story with the cruise control, maybe can help :)
Many times but not every day, always in the morning, the cruise control was not working. After 10 -20 km the cruise control was miraculously working fine o_O. I could not understand why!
One day I started to play with the left foot and lift the brake and the clutch pedal and I found out that the cruise control was starting to work fine.
After some test, I found out that in the morning the clutch pedal was not lifting completely and in that position, the cruise control was not working.
Just a little help lifting the clutch pedal with the left foot, just a cm, and this was solving the problem! After this first help, it was not necessary to do this anymore.

That was interesting. Thank you.