What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Crankshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor A

boatdriver

Reaction score
I get this code up virtually every day when I start the engine and after about 5 mins My OBD doesn't show any codes coming up and once I have erased the message it doesn't come back again for the rest of the day. there are some days it doesn't pop up up at all. The engine is running well with no rattles or vibration. I am thinking about changing the sensor and before I order one, could someone tell me where about on the engine it is and how easy/difficult it is to change.
The cruise control sends the engine into limp mode, could this again be a sensor or cable change, if so, again could someone point ou to me where it is and how easy/difficult to change.

Thanks for any advice.

Pedro

Reaction score
Speed sensor ? I think I picked up your post about this previously you mentioned after you set the cruise control am I right ?

boatdriver

Reaction score
Having changed the oil, I am still getting camshaft correlation code coming up. I have been advised to change the timing chain and bits and the car booked in on Monday for the work. The garage doing the work has a BMW in their workshop where the owner ignored the the 'fault engine repair needed' on the cars diagnostic readout for 6 months and now has to have the engine rebuilt.
I suppose the moral is, ignore the fault warnings at your peril. I could probably get away with not having the chain renewed yet, but not taking a chance.

Joemc1967

Reaction score
Having changed the oil, I am still getting camshaft correlation code coming up. I have been advised to change the timing chain and bits and the car booked in on Monday for the work. The garage doing the work has a BMW in their workshop where the owner ignored the the 'fault engine repair needed' on the cars diagnostic readout for 6 months and now has to have the engine rebuilt.
I suppose the moral is, ignore the fault warnings at your peril. I could probably get away with not having the chain renewed yet, but not taking a chance.
I have the same issue , but it set off the code straight after doing a service and driving home , I took from this that it was created by something I done while servicing , i realized i had put 10 30 oil In instead of 5 30 , so flushed and put correct oil in , now getting this every few weeks instead of every few days , it's made it better but still there , next area is check all hoses and wire connectors disturbed at service.

LeeS69

Reaction score
I was getting a crank cam correlation error and it was the timing chain...

Ian J.

Reaction score
Is it me or are cars just too bloody complicated, error codes , computers, filters, emission controls, all the more stuff to go wrong.

My dad has a 1977 MGBGT , simp!e engineering and hasn't spent much on it other than bodywork in the 35 years hes owned it

Joemc1967

Reaction score
It's always important to pay attention to codes thrown up on your dash , however I've had a year and a half of no codes after replacing the hp fp ,and only got the code come up straight after servicing ,filters and oil , there is no timing chain rattle ,and driving is smooth and great sound driven hard with windows down .
I've also noticed this popping up going over speed bumps ,as though it's a poor connection on wire or hose around filter housing , there is no power loss when in default and the car drives way to well to be an issue , if it stays on then I would then think yeh something wrong .

Joemc1967

Reaction score
I get this code up virtually every day when I start the engine and after about 5 mins My OBD doesn't show any codes coming up and once I have erased the message it doesn't come back again for the rest of the day. there are some days it doesn't pop up up at all. The engine is running well with no rattles or vibration. I am thinking about changing the sensor and before I order one, could someone tell me where about on the engine it is and how easy/difficult it is to change.
The cruise control sends the engine into limp mode, could this again be a sensor or cable change, if so, again could someone point ou to me where it is and how easy/difficult to change.

Thanks for any advice.
The fact that the cruise control has to establish the engine speed from a sensor and goes into default when set ,is pointing to crankshaft sensor faulty , my guess it has trouble reading engine speed ,but I would assume the engine would idle poorly ,the ECU has to compare engine speed to output ,speed at wheels ,if it does not meet the calculation or parameters engine light will appear.