What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Crankcase clip, and a screw....

mujirushi

Reaction score
Hi peeps! New RCZ owner here.

Just got handed the key of this 2010 THP156, and been having oil issue near the PCV breather pipe area.

After some investigation and digging.... looks like the clip that holds the breather pipe to the crankcase is missing :eek:

IMG_7900.JPG

Does anyone know the part number, or are there ways to temporary fix it in place for a couple of days?

Also a screw that holds the inlet pipe to the turbo intercooler is missing. What screw is that?
IMG_7901.JPG

Many thanks!

Kelvin.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Oil mist from this area is common on the THP I’ve never investigated it further as for the missing screw I’ll have a look on mine and get back with a photo 👍

mujirushi

Reaction score
This is how wet it gets after a 20mile loop...
Oil_After_20miles.JPG

Does the clip do anything at all? Or is it still safe to drive?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeh mine looks same it’s been like it as long as I can remember so definitely safe to drive 👍

Woodso

Reaction score
Mine is also exactly the same, I have a bit of oil on the top of mine and a bit weeping out the side. I just live with it an clean once week with a wet wipe. As for the clip being missing, was there one in the 1st place cos there ain't one on mine either.

mujirushi

Reaction score
Well the only reason I was looking at it, was because of this reply in this thread: Air Intake Turbo Hose.

I was trying to understand the misting of oil (as it seems quite bad for just a of day's worth of journey); and hopefully trying out some in-expensive ways to improve it.

Where else could the misting come from?

Woodso

Reaction score
Well the only reason I was looking at it, was because of this reply in this thread: Air Intake Turbo Hose.

I was trying to understand the misting of oil (as it seems quite bad for just a of day's worth of journey); and hopefully trying out some in-expensive ways to improve it.

Where else could the misting come from?
The photo is upside down on the vehicle the end without the clip is the one you highlighted but if your worried put a Jubilee Clip or cable tie on it.

Woodso

Reaction score
Well I'll be blowed, never knew that clip even existed but I won't be spending £24.00 on one as it 4 years I have had mine, never come off.. Watching the whole video I am wondering if the oil is coming up the

Jumper

Reaction score
My PCV pipe in that location has a black metal sprung clip no idea if its OEM but its tight on. So I guess you could buy one off Ebay. As for the front intercooler pipe bolt, I took mine off last year to do work on the back of the engine and its either a 10mm or 8mm bolt fairly common to get hold of really just awkward to get at that's probably why a lazy fitter hasn't bothered replacing it.

mujirushi

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the help! I will probably go to the local scrapyard and look for THP parts, as they are pretty generic.

Bobby D

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I also have misting and oil leaking from said breather pipe. I think there is more to this than meets the eye!! Literally. Has anyone actually managed to remove this pipe? I think they are a push fit but a very tight one that may even need the removal of the rocker cover. I think we all have a leaking pipe as they break when someone tries (unsuccessfully) to remove them and ends up leaving a split at the bottom of the pipe.
I am also unable to find a replacement pipe on-line so am even more reluctant to pull/break it off and disable the car.
My plan is to remove the rocker cover then have a good look at it in the workshop. Unless anyone else can tell me how you are supposed to remove or replace said pipe. This all stated when I wanted to fit an oil catch can. So if you have done this on an RCZ please share your experience.

Bobby D

Reaction score
Just tried levering it out with a short screw driver. Came a very small way then stopped. I think there is probably a clamp which is not accessible with the rocker cover in place.

Jumper

Reaction score
Just tried levering it out with a short screw driver. Came a very small way then stopped. I think there is probably a clamp which is not accessible with the rocker cover in place.
I replaced mine (and it came off easily) when I changed the turbo inlet pipe from the air filter. A new one was actually attached to the new turbo inlet pipe and that also included a black spring clip.

mujirushi

Reaction score
Quick update.
Got the screw from the local scrappy .

The clip... looks like it may not be really needed. My headcover is just oil/mist happy and looks like the seal is leaking... so it's going back to the dealer. May be something has cracked inside that sealed PCV module!?

On the side note. My RCZ consumed/leaked almost a litre of oil within 500miles, hence my hesitance to fix oil issues.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Is your RCZ thp engine if so check your timing belt tensioner at the rear of the engine the big Bolt often leaks oil from here as it seems to work louse seen it on the RCZs and R worth looking at too as well as the rocker cover..
Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

mujirushi

Reaction score
Is your RCZ thp engine if so check your timing belt tensioner at the rear of the engine the big Bolt often leaks oil from here as it seems to work louse seen it on the RCZs and R worth looking at too as well as the rocker cover..
Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Thanks! I have checked the tensioner bolt and it feels secure and oil free. In fact it was the first thing I checked!

I have let the engine ran after driving the local shops, got down to my belly and peeked beneath the engine bay and I do not see anything dripping... so either the oil is being burnt, or it is filling up the intercooler, or it's simply a leak surrounding the headcover...

Don't know yet... the car still drives fine and pulls when I floor it, so I will let the dealer to deal with it.