What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Corrupted BSI, fuse or something else?

indoldn

Reaction score
Refitted my HPFP and replaced induction intake to silicone one from MTC and refitted the battery and now car won't start.

I am sure I waited more than 3 minutes before disconnecting the battery.

I refitted HPFP then reconnected the electrical connector then install the silicone induction hose. Made a stupid mistake of cutting one of the hoses (which has a plastic adapter) to the right of the engine (when looking at the engine) and now trying to source a new one. Managed to do a work around for it at the moment.

Battery was fully charged before re-fitting and ensured everything was connected and secure.
Tried to start the car and dash lit up then when trying to start you hear a click and everything went. Car had no electrical power whatsoever and nothing would happen if you try to start again, dash is blank. Waited a while and disconnected the battery, it still had good charge.
Battery is about a year old. Rechecked all the connectors are secure and reconnected the battery and waited a bit and tried again and still the same.

Attempted BSI reset a number of times and still couldn't start the car. At one point after attempting BSI reset the clock was moving one hour at a time (I think) then on another attempt, external lights lit up.

Last year I forgot to reconnect the connector on the front side of the battery after refitting the battery and car wouldn't start but after connecting all OK again. I had lots of errors but they cleared themselves.

I am now going to recheck all the connectors, check for corrosions on any of the connectors, check all the fuses. Will also plugin in an OBD to see if I can read anything when I have power.

Any ideas/suggestions would be very appreciated.

indoldn

Reaction score
Sorted it out. Potentially, it could have been some corrosions inside the positive clamp. I had some corrasions issue previously. At the time I cleaned it up and sprayed some battery terminal protector. Potentially as it was disconnected for a few days there were additional build up forming and it didn't have full contact with the battery. Cleaned it again and sprayed some battery terminal protector. Also left it a good 10 mins before trying to turn on the ignition again.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear that you have got it sorted out happy days..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
2 things too watch out for with battery terminals the positive corrosion can be a result of overcharging & the negative points to under charging & usually means the car is not being used enough to sufficiently charge the battery