What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Coolant

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine never used any.
There is an issue with I think the thermostat housings which can leak.
Whether that is an engine specific thing, or any RCZ can have it I'm not sure.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes some do tend to use a little but if your topping up weekly then you’ve probably got a leak or a faulty expansion bottle cap. There are a few places that seem common for leaks but as mentioned above the plastic thermostat housing is a usual suspect.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
If its the head gasket when you take off the filler cap and look under it and if it's got sludge in then this is a tell tail sign if it is clean or just black and oily it all OK and as other's said it a faulty expansion bottle cap....

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Short journeys will sludge up the oil filler cap so don’t mistake this for a blown head gasket

Pedro

Reaction score
Head gasket failing is a serious problem on any car you will get coolant temp engine warning lights ECU codes & generally it will run like crap because the plugs will be getting damp as the coolant mixes with the fuel as the gasket fails It may be a coolant system leak relating to the water pump (mine has been changed as the bearing gave up) which are a generic fault on the RCZ s plus coolant sensor/thermostat housings are another know suspect to die off

Lisaal123

Reaction score
Head gasket failing is a serious problem on any car you will get coolant temp engine warning lights ECU codes & generally it will run like crap because the plugs will be getting damp as the coolant mixes with the fuel as the gasket fails It may be a coolant system leak relating to the water pump (mine has been changed as the bearing gave up) which are a generic fault on the RCZ s plus coolant sensor/thermostat housings are another know suspect to die off
The Z still runs like a dream I'm confused

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
If your still losing coolant and your car is running fine then it’s not going to be the head gasket more likely a leak somewhere