What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Coolant Warning Light

Ronnie Smith

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have just recently purchased my RCZ having just retired and at 62 years old I have this as my fun car and I have to say loving it I have had it fully serviced new discs all round Calipers re built and painted plus four new tyres Took it for its first spin and myself and wife had fun I have only one problem and that’s the Coolant Level warning light not every time I drive the car but regular comes up on the warning ⚠️ but no increase in the temp and no loss of coolant I have noticed on the coolant tank that this is not a standard Peugeot part and I have also ordered a new part and my mechanic will replace it is this a usually fault or some other electrical fault Has anyone else come across this Advice much appreciated
Ronnie

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a level warning in mine a couple of times. I fitted a new level sensor, literally takes seconds.
In fact from memory, my kettle took longer to boil than it took to fit the new sensor.

Pedro

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have just recently purchased my RCZ having just retired and at 62 years old I have this as my fun car and I have to say loving it I have had it fully serviced new discs all round Calipers re built and painted plus four new tyres Took it for its first spin and myself and wife had fun I have only one problem and that’s the Coolant Level warning light not every time I drive the car but regular comes up on the warning ⚠ but no increase in the temp and no loss of coolant I have noticed on the coolant tank that this is not a standard Peugeot part and I have also ordered a new part and my mechanic will replace it is this a usually fault or some other electrical fault Has anyone else come across this Advice much appreciated
Ronnie
Only a Bosch replacement part will stop the EML coolant fault many have tried a dodgy OEM sensor "myself included!" & they all fail its like a lot of the Electrical stuff on these cars all the wiring on mine is stamped with BMW which probably means its fitted with all Bosch parts