What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

coolant leak

disco

Reaction score
Hi All

Having to top my coolant up every day , any ideas on the cause of this please

2011 156thp

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Are you getting a puddle under the car when it’s parked? If so, whereabouts under the engine is it?
Can you see any physical evidence of a leak under the bonnet? Loose/split hose anywhere?
Have you checked the oil filler cap to see if there is “sludge” underneath (water in the oil).
Is the screw cap on the expansion tank intact? Cracked cap can cause coolant leak under pressure.
Have you looked under the bonnet while someone revs the car up to see if there is anything obvious when the car is running?

Pedro

Reaction score
How much is it losing as everyday points to a full pressure leak which could mean the thermostat housing is cooked (Generic casualty) check hoses for seepage but looks like a new Tank job

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
It could be the seal at the bottom of the engine look for leak around the sump of you see something like this.... IMG-20200411-WA0001.jpgas you can see the marks where the coolent as been leaking from it sometimes crystals and seals the leak.... Hope this helps you out.
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
You don't normally see all that crap from a small coolant leak looks like its been going a good while probably the whole system will need completely flushing out once the problem has been sorted I may be completely wrong but I would be suspicious its coming from atop of the gearbox judging by its leaking pattern on the R/H/side so you need to check all the hose connection & the thermostat tank as a starter