What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

constant issue

chapperz1990

Reaction score
i have had my RCZ for just over 2 years and it was running fine until about 3 months ago, EML came on with code P1337, i had all 4 coil packs and plugs changed drove good for about a week thdm EML came on again problem with the o2 sensor, had this replaced runs good for another week or so continue to drive EML came on again this time fault was HPFP and temp sensor, had both replaced drove perfect for aroumd a month then surprise surprise EML came on again fault being P1337 again so had all 4 coils changed again agaim drove lovely for around another month and EML comes on again with P1337 as the fault took it back to the garage had these replaced again on warrenty and told must be an underlying problem with the car but they were sure what! drove the car away and now 2 days later EML has come on for 4th time with P1337.... it cant be a problem with the coil packs HPFP or any of the sensor as none of it is over 2000 miles old.... has anyone else had a prolem like this or can advise what might be the underlying issue peugeot don't seem to have the answer too? im at mu wits end after spending thousands and not having it sorted please help!

Robskee_013

Reaction score
So what are your cars symptoms when the EML comes on ?

From what i can see its constantly the ignition path
either the fuel suply, fuel ignition are in trouble
Maybe the one thing that's controlling it ? the ECU ?

chapperz1990

Reaction score
my car goes into limp mode and doesnt go about 2000rpm. peugeot told me it was just the coils that needed changing even though i had already had them changed twice. it could possibly be the ECU my car is currently in the garage again waiting to be tested again, but from the sounds of it, it could be the ECU. thank you for your advise i will pass this on to the mechanic to see if he can check all of the above.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Coil packs do fail,but not on a regular basis. It does sound like the ECU might be behind the issues. But a full diagnostic from Peugeot should really show u- the actual issue. (In theory).

Tappeur

Reaction score
my car goes into limp mode and doesnt go about 2000rpm. peugeot told me it was just the coils that needed changing even though i had already had them changed twice. it could possibly be the ECU my car is currently in the garage again waiting to be tested again, but from the sounds of it, it could be the ECU. thank you for your advise i will pass this on to the mechanic to see if he can check all of the above.
Hello there , did you get to the bottom of this as I also have the same problem ?

Pedro

Reaction score
MAF or Map sensor checked poss. vacuum leak on the air intake side?
Throttle position sensor?
Fuse or relay malfunction as per a BCM issue
Crank sensor ?
fuel pressure sensor or dirt in fuel rails system?
never rule out anything that sounds unreasonable when the car is continuously in limp mode