What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Considering buying an RCZ

red21

Reaction score
Hi All!

Always liked the RCZ and have seen a 2011 year 156 THP fairly local for sale but before i drive the 60 miles to go see it i was looking for some advice. Looking for around £4700. Has a "good" service history apparently, whatever that means haha

It has the following comments from the last mot

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):​

• Oil leak, but not excessive (8.4.1 (a) (i))
  • Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Front Lower Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement n/s and o/s front bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
I've been doing a bit of reading about he common oil leaks and turns out the timing chain was changed in 2018 - ever since this date there has been an oil leak on the car.

Should i be concerned or thinking twice about this?

Last edited:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Always liked the RCZ and have seen a 2011 year 156 THP fairly local for sale but before i drive the 60 miles to go see it i was looking for some advice. Looking for around £4700. Has a "good" service history apparently, whatever that means haha

It has the following comments from the last mot

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):​

• Oil leak, but not excessive (8.4.1 (a) (i))
  • Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Rear Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Front Lower Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement n/s and o/s front bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))
I've been doing a bit of reading about he common oil leaks and turns out the timing chain was changed in 2016 - ever since this date there has been an oil leak on the car.

Should i be concerned or thinking twice about this?

Depends where the oil leak is from🤔there’s a few common areas firstly the rocker cover gasket not a major issue then there’s the oil filter housing and Timing chain tensioner, if it’s an advisory then I’m thinking it must be pretty noticeable if the cars worth haggling over then it’s a good negotiating tool 😁

red21

Reaction score
Took the gamble and bought it yesterday! brakes had both been changed since and service history was reasonable also so took the punt. Belt was changed in 2018.

Oil leak i am currently looking in to and have seen some material online. I'm sure i'll be on with many more questions 😀

Last edited: