What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Clutch travel

Banchory Buddha

Reaction score
Had my first test drive last week, my question, clutch travel had me feeling like my knee was near in my chest. Is long clutch travel standard, it seems counterintuitive for a sports car where you'd expect a short quick shift ?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I’m afraid it’s probably the worst trait of the RCZ but you do get used to it and some faffing about with the steering and seat position can alleviate the problem

RobDJ

Reaction score
Does anyone else's clutch groan In the cold and wet?? If so, are there any remedies for this?? Cheers

KMG

Reaction score
I was going to ask about clutch travel..I noticed when I bought mine that the clutch bite is a little high, and this was mentioned yesterday when being serviced, but I read an RCZ review that said the clutch bite is a little high as standard. Can't be worn yet, my car has only done 29000 miles and had 1 lady owner from new.
I sometimes get a 'groan' from the clutch area if pulling away slowly uphill in 1st gear...don't seem to be any problems as such though.
Finally, I don't seem to have the oompf I had when booting it in 2nd gear...ever since I got stuck in a traffic jam for 1.5 hrs a few months back. Could be me just getting used to the car, but niggling me...will take it in for an investigation in a bit I think. No weird noises, or smoke, or anything, just feels a bit limp when poking foot down. Seems to pull better in 3rd and 4th, although have to admit I don't give it excess revs...is there a power band?

Thanks,
Kevin

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that's the way it is a few RCZers have mentioned this but that's just how they all seem to be made but when you get used to it you don't notice it any more

KMG

Reaction score
Well that's the way it is a few RCZers have mentioned this but that's just how they all seem to be made but when you get used to it you don't notice it any more
Thanks for the reply.
Daft question... would my 156 1.6 GT actually run if the turbo wasn't working?
Is there a simple test to tell?
I'm sure my car doesn't have the poke it had after I bought it...I used to get torque steer in 2nd, but now it just speeds up slower, if that makes sense. There are no warning lights or noises or anything untoward...just feels like that 'zip' is missing.

Flanners

Reaction score
The groan type noise from the clutch is probably the Dual Mass Flywheel beginning to die....had mine replaced under Pug warranty on my low mileage car..female owned too...the QC control like the earlier HPFPs seems somewhat lacking. Can last a while but if it goes it will/can cause untold grief.

KMG

Reaction score
The groan type noise from the clutch is probably the Dual Mass Flywheel beginning to die....had mine replaced under Pug warranty on my low mileage car..female owned too...the QC control like the earlier HPFPs seems somewhat lacking. Can last a while but if it goes it will/can cause untold grief.
Is it possible it could be what you describe after just 28000 miles?!
If it starts doing it more than the current rare occassion, I'll get it checked.
What's the average cost of fitting a new clutch...?
And also, my car came 'back to life' today...put my toe down in 1st (5k), then changed to 2nd, and whoosh, off it went after months of doing not much with foot down.
Went to see my mechanic who plugged in diagnostics and got two codes, p701 and p702, fuel mixture rich and lean respectively (or otherway round maybe), so nothing major.
Hopefully whatever it was has cleared.
Anyone had anything similar?

Last edited: