What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Close to an RCZ....

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Excellent! This is the Spalding one? Good luck with it!

Would love to see it, if you fancy showing it off somewhere public near - or even south of - Norwich? PM me if you want.

I'm still humming and hawing, I'm afraid!

nutski

Reaction score
Excellent! This is the Spalding one? Good luck with it!

Would love to see it, if you fancy showing it off somewhere public near - or even south of - Norwich? PM me if you want.

I'm still humming and hawing, I'm afraid!
Yes that's the one, averaged 44mpg on the 66 mile trip home!

Absolutely would be happy to show it off, I may be heading to my mechanics in a few weeks when i have some time off who is in Weybread so may be a bit closer to your general area, tempted to see if I can get it booked in somewhere and have the wheels refurbished first though, that's the major point for me currently.

No joy in finding yourself a suitable HDi so far?

nutski

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, i sifted through all the paperwork yesterday and looks as i've the car has been well treated, even found a reciept from Godspeed for Stainless Steel Pistons, so that's one less job to worry about!

Ecrivain

Reaction score
I'm humming and hawing over an 2015 82,000 miler, which is otherwise very nice - to me, £8000 seems a lot for a car with that many miles, even though it's a diesel?

He is at least offering 6m warranty, though.

OTOH, our SEAT Altea has 140k on, with only one major inconvenience, so far (touch wood). And that was probably caused by whatever they did when it was recalled over the emissions scandal - at least they did what they said was £1000 worth of work for nothing!).

Are your pistons the same as on the 308GTi 270 - just checked out Godspeeds website and they have these: Peugeot 308 GTI 270 Front Stainless Steel Pistons - Godspeed plus an explanation of why they are needed.

Last edited:

nutski

Reaction score
I'm humming and hawing over an 2015 82,000 miler, which is otherwise very nice - to me, £8000 seems a lot for a car with that many miles, even though it's a diesel?

He is at least offering 6m warranty, though.

OTOH, our SEAT Altea has 140k on, with only one major inconvenience, so far (touch wood). And that was probably caused by whatever they did when it was recalled over the emissions scandal - at least they did what they said was £1000 worth of work for nothing!).

Are your pistons the same as on the 308GTi 270 - just checked out Godspeeds website and they have these: Peugeot 308 GTI 270 Front Stainless Steel Pistons - Godspeed plus an explanation of why they are needed.
Milage on an HDi is not something that's ever concerned me too much as long as it's been well serviced and looked after, i think i've had about 14 different ones over the years! Although saying that, I so try for lower mile cars if i can!
Just gone through my app which has all my fuel fill ups on it, i've done 175k on the HDi's by my rough sums in the last 10 years.

The RCZ's do seem to hold their value rather well.

Yes the front calipers are either the same or at least compatible between the R and the GTi 270 as i do know someone that swapped a pair when getting theirs refurbished, although the discs themselves are slightly different and incompatible.

Ecrivain

Reaction score
It's a nice car and I'm sorely tempted to take a chance on it, but there are only 4 garage stamps in the book.

The longest gap between stamps is 37k to 71k. I'm *told* it has been owned by an elderly couple in the same village as the garage, and he did his own oil changes, but I've been unable to substantiate that, so far. Three or four things have been written in the service book in black pen, including one at about 60k in that long gap, but no bills or evidence to back them up. And the pen appears to be the same one used for the most recent service by the seller.

On the plus side, as I say, the trader (a fairly sizable village garage at Shipdham), is prepared to give 6 m warranty, whereas most others I've seen are offering only 3 m. And they are only 20-30 miles away, so I could feasibly return it, if there were problems.

There aren't many about in East Anglia, and they do seem to be going up in price. Sandles at Kings Lynn had a 16 plate with 46K for 9,699, and later put it up to 9999! It's just sold.

All opinions welcome on how much damage a missed service or two can do to an HDi? (I have a garage literally across the road from me, who would look after it well, from now on, I hope - they've done our other cars at reasonable cost for 13 years, now, and also seem to have a penchant for sports and racing marques.)

nutski

Reaction score
It's a nice car and I'm sorely tempted to take a chance on it, but there are only 4 garage stamps in the book.

The longest gap between stamps is 37k to 71k. I'm *told* it has been owned by an elderly couple in the same village as the garage, and he did his own oil changes, but I've been unable to substantiate that, so far. Three or four things have been written in the service book in black pen, including one at about 60k in that long gap, but no bills or evidence to back them up. And the pen appears to be the same one used for the most recent service by the seller.

On the plus side, as I say, the trader (a fairly sizable village garage at Shipdham), is prepared to give 6 m warranty, whereas most others I've seen are offering only 3 m. And they are only 20-30 miles away, so I could feasibly return it, if there were problems.

There aren't many about in East Anglia, and they do seem to be going up in price. Sandles at Kings Lynn had a 16 plate with 46K for 9,699, and later put it up to 9999! It's just sold.

All opinions welcome on how much damage a missed service or two can do to an HDi? (I have a garage literally across the road from me, who would look after it well, from now on, I hope - they've done our other cars at reasonable cost for 13 years, now, and also seem to have a penchant for sports and racing marques.)

I'm presuming it's the Moroccan Red one? (I just did a quick Google!)

It's hard to tell with an HDi, as soon as the oil goes in it's black anyway!
The warranty itself is a big comfort, it's just the unknown that gives the little seed of doubt, even just a folder of receipts for parts and oil would be nice!
Any car the frequent changes are key, especially anything with a turbo.

When it comes to buying cars, as i normally have a specific requirement, or fussy as some may say, myself and my friend will drive quite a distance to get the right model.

Our best runs so far have been:

South Shields for a £700 406 Coupe HDi after my previous one was hit and written off
Telford for a £500 406 Saloon 2.2 HDi for my friends Wife
Weymouth for my friends old Diablo 406 Coupe HDi (there were cars that were closer, but it had to be red.........)

I think i'm just a little impatient to wait and see if anything comes up locally! And the drive back is always fun!

I've just been looking on Autotrader and theres quite a variation, most of the lower mileage ones currently seem to be a bit older.

Ecrivain

Reaction score
I'm presuming it's the Moroccan Red one? (I just did a quick Google!)

It's hard to tell with an HDi, as soon as the oil goes in it's black anyway!
The warranty itself is a big comfort, it's just the unknown that gives the little seed of doubt, even just a folder of receipts for parts and oil would be nice!
Any car the frequent changes are key, especially anything with a turbo.

When it comes to buying cars, as i normally have a specific requirement, or fussy as some may say, myself and my friend will drive quite a distance to get the right model.

Our best runs so far have been:

South Shields for a £700 406 Coupe HDi after my previous one was hit and written off
Telford for a £500 406 Saloon 2.2 HDi for my friends Wife
Weymouth for my friends old Diablo 406 Coupe HDi (there were cars that were closer, but it had to be red.........)

I think i'm just a little impatient to wait and see if anything comes up locally! And the drive back is always fun!

I've just been looking on Autotrader and theres quite a variation, most of the lower mileage ones currently seem to be a bit older.
Yes. Though I wasn't entirely sure Moroccan Red and Metallic Red are exactly the same thing? (I actually really like the old Amber Red Mark I - almost an orange - but finding one of them with a Service History is even harder!)

I might go back and look through the folder in more detail to see if there's anything I missed. But as another advisor says, if it's only had four oil changes in 82k... (at this point he sucks his teeth) - the DPF and the injectors could be fouled, etc. etc...

Polo, 205GT, Mazda 121, MR2, Corolla, Ibiza + C-Max, Altea + C3 (the pairs are since we've been a 2 car household) - so I've only ever acquired 9 cars in 36 years of driving. And the C3 was inherited, so a) I've only ever bought 8, and b) there was no hassle deciding... (and it's proved very reliable, though as one of the 2 owners was a motability driver and the other was my late sister-in-law, so I knew it had been well serviced.)

I went to Colchester for the Altea, as I knew exactly what I wanted - a post 2010 one with the Ecomotive engine - the biggest (acceptable!) car I could get with £30 a year tax!