What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Close to an RCZ....

nutski

Reaction score
Hi all, thought i'd pop in and say hello, was very close to buying an RCZ R and was coming to an arrangement with a dealer, they took it for an MOT today and i got a phone call this afternoon saying it's been hit by a DPD van on the way back from the testing station!

I guess the search continues!

Hopefully be back with more updates soon!

Dingers

Reaction score
Now that's what you call unlucky ! Hopefully it was a minor incident .... 🤔

nutski

Reaction score
Now that's what you call unlucky ! Hopefully it was a minor incident .... 🤔
Apparently it was such an impact as its shifted one of the rear wheels into the middle of the car!

Had my deposit refunded and i'm making more enquiries for other cars!

Ecrivain

Reaction score
It does sound nasty - hope no-one was injured? Where was it, if you don't mind me asking? Still, it must be disappointing, especially with Rs being so rare.

I'm just 25km down the road from you, if you're in Norwich, but I'm looking for the comparatively sedate experience of the HDi, so I don't think we're competing for same cars! :)

Have you seen the 'R' at Spalding for £15k? It's been on Autotrader a week or two. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105052233913

nutski

Reaction score
It does sound nasty - hope no-one was injured? Where was it, if you don't mind me asking? Still, it must be disappointing, especially with Rs being so rare.

I'm just 25km down the road from you, if you're in Norwich, but I'm looking for the comparatively sedate experience of the HDi, so I don't think we're competing for same cars! :)

Have you seen the 'R' at Spalding for £15k? It's been on Autotrader a week or two. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105052233913
I'm not too sure really as the chap didn't say too much about what happened, i'm pretty sure he said it was on the way back from MOT, but the MOT history isn't updated....... It was up near Leeds, the one which was on Autotrader with 32k.

Yeah, I'm just a couple of miles out of Norwich city center near the A47, always thought one day i may get the HDi but decided i'll try a RCZ R for a bit of fun :)

Already have a 407 3.0 HDi and a 406 3.0 V6 SE so I did get the expected eye roll from my partner when I said what I wanted to buy!

Yeah i've seen the Spalding one and made a few enquiries this afternoon, may see if I can go and have a look at the weekend.

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Good luck with the search. Mike Howell at Sunnyside garage (south end of Long Stratton on the west side of the road - not the Aston Martin dealer, which is on the other side of the road!) used to be a Peugeot dealer - he might help you find one. He bid on an HDi for me today, but it went a bit high, I gather - but I think he said there was an R on the British Car Auctions site this morning...

nutski

Reaction score
Good luck with the search. Mike Howell at Sunnyside garage (south end of Long Stratton on the west side of the road - not the Aston Martin dealer, which is on the other side of the road!) used to be a Peugeot dealer - he might help you find one. He bid on an HDi for me today, but it went a bit high, I gather - but I think he said there was an R on the British Car Auctions site this morning...
Thanks!

I've messaged the seller in Spalding and asked if i can go on Sunday to have a look, and if all is well maybe even come back with it!

I'll keep Mike Howell in mind, it's only a mile or two from my brothers so may have to swing by one day.

I did message my mechanic earlier as i know a couple of his other customer have RCZ R's, one apparently only sold 3 weeks ago!

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm not too sure really as the chap didn't say too much about what happened, i'm pretty sure he said it was on the way back from MOT, but the MOT history isn't updated....... It was up near Leeds, the one which was on Autotrader with 32k.

Yeah, I'm just a couple of miles out of Norwich city center near the A47, always thought one day i may get the HDi but decided i'll try a RCZ R for a bit of fun :)

Already have a 407 3.0 HDi and a 406 3.0 V6 SE so I did get the expected eye roll from my partner when I said what I wanted to buy!

Yeah i've seen the Spalding one and made a few enquiries this afternoon, may see if I can go and have a look at the weekend.

Was that the black car with registration LG15 XBN?

It did pass an MOT test today. It's changed hands a few times lately. It was up for sale just the other week with a private plate BU11RCZ

nutski

Reaction score
Was that the black car with registration LG15 XBN?

It did pass an MOT test today. It's changed hands a few times lately. It was up for sale just the other week with a private plate BU11RCZ
Yes thats the one, the app is updated now which is strange as it's normally quite instant, my friend had his MOT yesterday and knew his car had passed before the mechanic came out of the workshop!

Ecrivain

Reaction score
BU11 RCZ is a great plate for an R!
I went to look at CU65 RCZ the other day - not quite so good except I went to Cambridge University and support Colchester United... I was born in '64, though... 😂

Pedro

Reaction score
If you agreed a price & handed over a deposit then I would check it has been tanked in a smash maybe someone offered more £s & they have accepted that offer whilst telling you a load of Bull?

nutski

Reaction score
If you agreed a price & handed over a deposit then I would check it has been tanked in a smash maybe someone offered more £s & they have accepted that offer whilst telling you a load of Bull?
I'm not too sure how i can check that though, it's a 4 hour drive for me to go to their yard to have a look!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
A phone call from another number, or yours withheld enquiring about the car & saying you are prepared to pay whatever it costs as you really want the car. See what their response is.

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm not too sure how i can check that though, it's a 4 hour drive for me to go to their yard to have a look!

You can check when the V5 was last issued and the road tax starts using the DVLA site.

The road tax is still active from the last owner just now. If the road tax is renewed then it's on the road with a new owner.

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Must admit that thought occured to me, Pedro! (But having been a Probation Officer, I sometimes have to tell myself not to be so suspicious...)

As others have said, it's reasonably easy to check the story, and if does turn out to be "BU11" I'm not sure I'd want to buy a car from them, anyway, however desirable it looked - I'd wonder what else they've hidden/lied about!

If it's a trader, it might be worth reporting to trading standards, maybe. It's obviously shocking business practice to take a deposit then renege on it, but I am not sure if it is actually illegal.
My inclination is to say 1) make sure you get your money back - it's a police matter if not, and 2) put a factual review on Autotrader, once you are sure of them one way or the other.

nutski

Reaction score
Must admit that thought occured to me, Pedro! (But having been a Probation Officer, I sometimes have to tell myself not to be so suspicious...)

As others have said, it's reasonably easy to check the story, and if does turn out to be "BU11" I'm not sure I'd want to buy a car from them, anyway, however desirable it looked - I'd wonder what else they've hidden/lied about!

If it's a trader, it might be worth reporting to trading standards, maybe. It's obviously shocking business practice to take a deposit then renege on it, but I am not sure if it is actually illegal.
My inclination is to say 1) make sure you get your money back - it's a police matter if not, and 2) put a factual review on Autotrader, once you are sure of them one way or the other.
The deposit was refunded yesterday, it's only supposition at the time as the MOT history hadn't updated when i'd looked.

They had been very decent with me over my enquiries on the car, even taking videos on request of the car so i could check specifics, it was also to be delivered to me to confirm and test drive before making payment, so nothing before sootd out, like i was it was purely due to the MOT not being updated which i know is pretty instant usually.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yep looks the Business Very nice looking motor!;)