What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cheep Towbar

Zippy

Reaction score
Hello there,

Reluctantly I’m gonna have to fit a towbar to the Pug 🤦🏻 Being a northerner I want to do it on the cheep 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻 I’ve seen the thread regarding the alternative towbar and that a Pug 308 hatch will fit with no mods. But what about the wiring? Do I have to splice cables, do I have to change the trailer lights to led’s, what about reversing sensors. Basically has anyone done a successful DIY JOB and can you give me any tips/ info.... Yes I know it’s sac religious to even think about this but I’m afraid needs definitely must. Any help will be appreciated 🙏🏽🙏🏽

2retro

Reaction score
Sorry but you have the dubious honour of being the first person in the world to own both an RCZ and a caravan!!! 😱 😆

DKZ5745

Reaction score
And it will be one of the rarest RCZ;s on the road, one with a towbar 😱

2retro

Reaction score
It'll be a bicycle rack on the roof next... 🙄

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
'Scuse me!
My Swiss origin LGN came with a top spec Westfalia removable tow ball.
It made the Remus quads lop-sided.
Also, here in Spain there is a very strict (no doubt a few euros equals blind eye) check during the ITV (MoT) that any "extras" are homologated.
Could find no papers, so on rejection, my Pug man took it off.
LGN is now not so rare, and the quads sit pretty.

Ian J.

Reaction score
RcZ with a tow bar is better than no RCZ , good luck finding one

tianorth

Reaction score
This is the plug and play part for towbar electrics.

Attachments

• RCZ towbar module.jpg
    RCZ towbar module.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 21

sean

Reaction score
Hello there,

Reluctantly I’m gonna have to fit a towbar to the Pug 🤦🏻 Being a northerner I want to do it on the cheep 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻 I’ve seen the thread regarding the alternative towbar and that a Pug 308 hatch will fit with no mods. But what about the wiring? Do I have to splice cables, do I have to change the trailer lights to led’s, what about reversing sensors. Basically has anyone done a successful DIY JOB and can you give me any tips/ info.... Yes I know it’s sac religious to even think about this but I’m afraid needs definitely must. Any help will be appreciated 🙏🏽🙏🏽

I got around this problem by upgrading my girlfriend, she has a Mokka and a micro caravan. Now all I need to do is hide my face when driving her car.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Good solution for you there mate.. Now all you need to do is get some dark sun glasses 👓 lol 😂
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

ivan

Reaction score
Hello there,

So did u fit that tow bar then?