What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing timing chain tensioner

D

Deleted User

Hi all,

My GT200 fortunately doesn't have the infamous death rattle at start up (EP6-CDTX engine)

But I've purchased a new timing tensioner from Peugeot with the aim of fitting it as a pre-emptive strike.

Has anyone done this before, and if so is it much of a job? To me it looks like access being tricky rather than the job itself.

Interesting that the supplied part is a 'new' version of what is shown on Servicebox. Not sure why.

Any thoughts / photos etc would be appreciated.

Ian B

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Never changed one and I’ve heard people say you need special tools but I don’t think you do as there have been many who have done it at home, there was a revised tensioner but I’m not sure if it has to be fitted with the revised guides :eusa-think: me personally if it ain’t broke don’t fix it :D

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
when the tensioner starts to fail that’s when you get the death rattle on start up, it’s when owners continue to run their cars with the rattle that catastrophic problems can happen.