What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

chamois

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Now don't get excited nor assume I have crossed the Rubicon where tarting up motors is concerned, but -
I have just purchased a chamois leather.
I think it must be about fifty years since I last wrung one out and dragged it across a panel of a car.
But when I looked at La Gata Negra after I had hosed her down, I was ashamed and embarrassed.
She was blotchy and showed every dried droplet from my endeavour to rid her of the effects of atmospheric attack and the bloody birds and insects that are attracted like a magnet to a pristine body.
The sexy double dip roof line was speckled and being a black (or near as damn it) hue, every blemish jumped at me.
Don't start talking about clay sticks and detailing, because I ain't going there.
Admiration for those that do and concours awards are well earned, but I shall be pleased to just see a good clean even finish after a wash.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Soft 99 Fusso coat dark :thumbup:

That’s what you need Stewart. It won’t stop the birds target practising on your beloved new motor, but it will make it a darn site easier to clean it all off & give it a very nice deep shine to boot. :eusa-think:

(And the best bit for you is, you only need apply it every 12 months) ;)

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Soft 99 Fusso coat dark :thumbup:

That’s what you need Stewart. It won’t stop the birds target practising on your beloved new motor, but it will make it a darn site easier to clean it all off & give it a very nice deep shine to boot. :eusa-think:

(And the best bit for you is, you only need apply it every 12 months) ;)
The word "apply" is what is holding me back. :eusa-think:
Be honest and try and give that word a feeling of effort, 'cos this lazy old bugger only got his motors spruced up when they went in for a service. :thumbup:
The RCZ has sparked a new, albeit modest, interest in DIY. :oops:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It can’t be sugar coated I’m afraid, although it’s very easy to apply, it can be an effort to get off. The thing is, it is soooo worth it, the results are stunning & dirt really does almost fall off the car when washing.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
I remember, just, half a century back, the new cleaning product was a liquid called Turtle Wax.
Everyone, well many, were raving about it, so my mates and I bought some and set to on our bodies!
To our dismay, those of us with black motors, it left a bloom.
On coloured paintwork it did not show so those peeps were pleased as it was easier to apply than what we had all been using hitherto - hard wax Simoniz, which was the dog's doo-dahs.
Our task was to get back to under the bloom, which meant T-cut and elbow grease.
Needless to say, we were least pleased, as we then also had to re-apply our faithful hard wax.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Please please please ditch the chamois and buy a Klin Korea duo drying towel. You will never look back. It doesn’t streak. It just mops up water. You won’t have to wring it out once whilst you are using it, it just loves water.

Pop it in the washing machine after use. DON’T use fabric conditioner. Air dry and it will look after your cars paintwork.

https://cleanyourride.co.uk/products/kl ... ying-towel

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Please please please ditch the chamois and buy a Klin Korea duo drying towel. You will never look back. It doesn’t streak. It just mops up water. You won’t have to wring it out once whilst you are using it, it just loves water.

Pop it in the washing machine after use. DON’T use fabric conditioner. Air dry and it will look after your cars paintwork.

https://cleanyourride.co.uk/products/kl ... ying-towel

Thanks for that; am working on it; delivery to Spain is often a pain. :roll:
Will then have old and new. :clap: