What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Chain tensioner

Goatz

Reaction score
Hi all,

my engine bay is covered in oil like in the video below. It looks like I have a leaky valve gasket which I will replace but I am thinking it might be the tensioner too.

has anyone else replaced The tensioner or the even just crush washer? Does anyone know the size of the crush washer?

as it is a known weak point, perhaps it wouldn’t be a bad idea to replace it. My car is at 100k miles.

thanks

Goatz

Reaction score
Fyi, there are two versions of tensioner. My 2011 gt had the improved version as stock. i expect this is the case for all rcz’s, so the issue in the vid would not apply

tm2204

Reaction score
Fyi, there are two versions of tensioner. My 2011 gt had the improved version as stock. i expect this is the case for all rcz’s, so the issue in the vid would not apply

Was your oil leak the rocker gasket? Did you get a new one swapped in?

Goatz

Reaction score
Nope, although i did change the rocker gasket before i found the cause.
it was either the oil filter housing gasket, oil cooler gasket or the turbo feeder pipes. These are all in close proximity so while replacing one it makes sense to replace all three.
i beleive this is a very common cause of oil leaks for this engine. If the oil leak is coming from the middle of the front of your engine and your oil filter cap is not leaking, this will most likely be the cause.

tm2204

Reaction score
Nope, although i did change the rocker gasket before i found the cause.
it was either the oil filter housing gasket, oil cooler gasket or the turbo feeder pipes. These are all in close proximity so while replacing one it makes sense to replace all three.
i beleive this is a very common cause of oil leaks for this engine. If the oil leak is coming from the middle of the front of your engine and your oil filter cap is not leaking, this will most likely be the cause.

Tell me about it. I have the turbo oil feed issue myself. The Peugeot oil feed line is a joke & not fit for purpose. I have the replacement upgraded line and i'm in the process of fitting it 👍