What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car has been broken into twice

A

Anonymous

Over the last couple of weeks my car has been broken into and the scum bags have gone through my glove compartment and middle console looking for things to steal (I presume they are looking for sat nav's etc). The weird thing is there is no sign of forced entry and I know on both occasions that the car was locked. The same thing has happened to my neighbour who also has a Peugeot (207), is there a gadget out there that opens any Peugeot door and if so is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

tianorth

Reaction score
The only thing you can do is empty the car leave glovebox and centre console open.

Might want to get a covert camera to see what is happening!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Or, you could run a wire from the mains, bare the ends & hide them on the inside of the door handles :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

They cant clone the immobiliser but they can jam the signal (the remote uses a different code everytime you lock the car), it may well be that they are doing this and you are not noticing it.

Also ensure you double lock the car so that the deadlocks kick in and not a single lock.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, I like the idea of the live wire but I'll pass. I didn't realise you can double lock your doors, how do you do that? I just use the remote to lock the doors.

tianorth

Reaction score
Press the lock button locks the car, within a few seconds if you press the lock button again it deadlocks the car, so the handles will not work inside or outside!

Unlocking the car automatically disables the deadlock.

But if they have the remote frequency then they can unlock it at will.

Covert camera or cctv so you can see what happened.

renegade79

Reaction score
The procedure is the same on my 208 GTi. It still baffles me every time I Lock the car, why Peugeot didn't incorporate the deadlocks activation with one single click on key! :eusa-whistle:

tianorth

Reaction score
In case you have someone left in the car eg at a petrol station, you then go in to pay but don't want anyone to open doors or boot and nick stuff, but if something happened and a person was inside the car they can use the internal handles to get out with deadlocks the internal handles don't work!