What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car due a refresh ?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hi Z'ers just want to update you with what I've been doing to the Z over the last few days ....

Well I have been meaning to do this for a little while - I wanted to paint the rear brake caliper and disc guard etc.

and my wheels had the tape residue on them from my old rimguards, so that had to be removed also.

So using my jacks and axle stands I lifted the car

Always find a suitable position for the axle stands. Now I was going to say I left my car in Liverpool over night and look what happened - but I thought No don't say that.... Oh I guess I just did :wtf:

Just ready to clean

Another top tip, if using a wire brush for cleaning etc..

Then use a magnet like so..

to pick up all the wire bristles which fall off, because we all know where they will end up ( in your finger, knee tyre or worse your misses pushbike tyre - then that's to fix too ! )

So, after cleaning the rear caliper I applied one coat of paint and also one to the guard.

I had taken several pictures of the caliper beforehand in-case needed in the future.
Now the front disc, I want to give the appearance of the disc floating when rotating, so I painted the inner bell Black.

Then back to do another coat on the rear caliper... looks a lot better now.

I know it's not perfect but I have given it a go, and yes I forgot to order some transfers to put on the caliper, whilst I had the wheel off, so next time LOL.

Now the wheels were looking a bit sorry for themselves so a good clean was due, and I had to get rid of the guards residue, not easy but WD40 made that easier.

A lot better...

And to finish off - yup some new rimblades ( flex fit perfectly )

and line everything up for my OCD and symmetry
and this is the overall picture ( I know the car wants a clean that's to do !! )

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Great job Mick she’s looking slick! :clap: your R looks super clean underneath :thumbup: I don’t know why Peugeot didn’t match the rear calipers to the red fronts on the R? :eusa-think: that wrap is looking shiny pal have you been doing some polishing?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Cheers Neil...

Yes it's always puzzled me as why red calipers at front and black at back, and that's the reason I've painted them red.

The car does look shiny in the bottom pic, but believe me the tops covered in dust and tree seeds. The Fusso doesn't seem to act the same on the vinyl for some reason it seems to wash off everytime I clean the car, so I think for now I'm not going to use it anymore on the wrap and just use a wash and wax shampoo then polish. I think the vinyl because it is the gloss, takes care of itself.

M. :beer: